Gal

Default camera sound

Hello

I'm looking for an audio file containing the sound of a camera taking
a picture, to put on my web site. Can anyone tell me where I can find
something like that please?

Thank you
Todd H.

(Gal) writes:
Hello

I'm looking for an audio file containing the sound of a camera
taking a picture, to put on my web site. Can anyone tell me where I
can find something like that please?

I don't know off hand, but a google search on "sound effects copyright
camera click" yielded this among others:

http://simplythebest.net/sounds/WAV/...ical_wavs.html

Two things to think about though.

If you're planning to have this sound be automatically played when a
visitor loads your page consider the advice "Use images, animations,
video, or sound only when relevant to your message" from this web
style guide:
http://www.webstyleguide.com/multime...lications.html

Second, if you find such a sound, you'll want to at least be aware of
any copyright issues for use of that sound. Like images and words,
they do carry copyright to protect the folks who took the time to
creat them.

For more info, consider these newsgroups where the topic of sound
effects more often comes up (and can be searched at groups.google.com)
rec.arts.movies.production.sound
rec.games.programmer
rec.arts.theatre.stagecraft
rec.arts.animation

Best Regards,
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/
GS

Hi Guys,
First time on this site.

With regards to the question of the sound of a camera taking a picture why
not have a go at producing your own sound effects.
If you want a old-fashioned cine camera clicking away then perhaps riffle a
pack of playing cards into the mike, stretch it or whatever and hey presto!

I do know that one of the best ways to make the sound of footsteps in the
snow is to record the sound of baking powder being crushed in the bowl of a
spoon. Just amplify it! No copyright issues there!

I'm lurking for a few days hoping to get the low-down on CD reproduction -
my copyright!

Regards,
Gerry.
UK.

Help with distorded sound using total record 4.3 JMF General 1 November 27th 03 09:05 AM
OT? Win98SE, help with audio recording from sound card? Logan263 General 5 October 25th 03 01:38 PM
sound cards Davo General 1 October 17th 03 01:31 PM
Sound recorder on Win 98 Roy Bailey General 4 October 3rd 03 12:15 PM
Computer Sound sam General 0 July 17th 03 07:46 PM