Don Joe

Default circuit city, day 2

After reading all the helpful advice from you guys, I went back to Circuit
City and complained about the whining that was coming through my speakers.
Beforehand, I called Tweeter and they said they could fix it but it would
be 45 bucks an hour and would likely take around one hour. But they also
said that CC should fix it at no cost.

So I went with this information and presented it to the head of the car
install department (apparently there is no single "head manager"). They
agreed to look into the problem and attempt to fix it. Two hours later,
they told me it had something to do with the automatic turn-on/turn-off of
the amp and using RCAs fixed it during their testing.

He may have been BSing me but since I already had RCA cables, I told him
to just go ahead and switch to the RCAs, after making him guarantee the
whine would stop that way. The total cost was an additional 20 bucks for
some adapter. At that point I was tired of arguing and questioning
everything so I was happy to just get out of there with the whine gone and
everything working. The total cost of the install was $157 which still
fell considerably below the offers of Tweeter, Pep Boys and the local
independent shops.

I truly appreciate all the advice that everyone in here has given me in
the past few weeks. I feel like I owe you guys something! My car sounds a
heck of a lot better now.

Don

mayhemkrew

Well they probably just threw a ground loop isolator on there and called it
a day. Might be good now, but it's just a band aid to get you out of there.
Problem with ground loop isolators is that it cuts certain frequenicies off,
making sometimes a very noticable sound difference.

But now that I am thinking about it, they could of just used a Line Out
Converter as well. I don't know what the point of my post is. On the
receipt does it say what you paid for?

"Don Joe" wrote in message
news
[...]

Eddie Runner

sounds like they did exactly what I just recomended in the
original thread...

glad it worked out for you.

Eddie Runner
TeamROCS#001 http://www.teamrocs.com/forums/

Don Joe wrote:

[...]

Don Joe

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 04:44:00 +0000, mayhemkrew wrote:

Well they probably just threw a ground loop isolator on there and called it
a day. Might be good now, but it's just a band aid to get you out of there.
Problem with ground loop isolators is that it cuts certain frequenicies off,
making sometimes a very noticable sound difference.

But now that I am thinking about it, they could of just used a Line Out
Converter as well. I don't know what the point of my post is. On the
receipt does it say what you paid for?

The receipt says I paid for one "AMI LC502CL". I'm not sure what that
stands for exactly but it was $19.99.

Don
DJ TecThreat

"Don Joe" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 04:44:00 +0000, mayhemkrew wrote:

Well they probably just threw a ground loop isolator on there and called

it
a day. Might be good now, but it's just a band aid to get you out of

there.
Problem with ground loop isolators is that it cuts certain frequenicies

off,
making sometimes a very noticable sound difference.

But now that I am thinking about it, they could of just used a Line Out
Converter as well. I don't know what the point of my post is. On the
receipt does it say what you paid for?

The receipt says I paid for one "AMI LC502CL". I'm not sure what that
stands for exactly but it was $19.99.

Don

Thats the part number for nothing.

You got ripped, dude... for less you could screw up your own vehicle instead
of letting some punks do it for you.

DJ TecThreat

Eddie Runner

Don Joe wrote:

The receipt says I paid for one "AMI LC502CL". I'm not sure what that
stands for exactly but it was $19.99.

Don

thats a hi lo adapter...
which is exactly what I suggested
and the POP was related to the turn on wire...
exactly as I said in my other message...

Your good, dont let these IDIOTS tell you otherwise!

Eddie Runner
teamROCS #001 http://www.teamrocs/forums/

installation day at circuit city! Don Joe Car Audio 119 February 16th 04 09:20 PM
tweeter and circuit city experience Don Joe Car Audio 12 January 27th 04 02:08 AM
bestbuy/Circuit city scat131 Car Audio 5 October 28th 03 12:54 AM
Bridging an amp... Circuit theory question??? Sanitarium Car Audio 42 August 19th 03 01:28 PM
tape vs cd scat131 Car Audio 38 August 6th 03 01:09 AM