wicked1

Default Got my RE HC 15's finally

I have not got a box built for them in my car yet but I have 1 of them
hooked up in the house in a 4 cubic foot sealed box and damn does it go LOW.
I cant wait to get these in boxes in my car. I sent it a 10 HZ test tone and
it just shook everything. Wonderful My home theatre setup cant compete
and its got alot more juice going to it with 15" woofers (not subs).

sanitarium

10 Hz... OOOH!!! thats cool. I Love LOW tuned subs
Pop in a telarc CD and watch them fly!
My Triad home theater sub uses a 10" peerless and extends down to 22Hz
cleanly... 19Hz is the 3 db down point 8~0

Enjoy
Garrett

wicked1 wrote:

I have not got a box built for them in my car yet but I have 1 of them
hooked up in the house in a 4 cubic foot sealed box and damn does it go LOW.
I cant wait to get these in boxes in my car. I sent it a 10 HZ test tone and
it just shook everything. Wonderful My home theatre setup cant compete
and its got alot more juice going to it with 15" woofers (not subs).

sanitarium

Only place near me is tower records...

My brother bought a couple recently off the www, possibly the telarc
site or Amazon.
Might want to try ebay
Garrett

wicked1 wrote:

I have not got a box built for them in my car yet but I have 1 of them
hooked up in the house in a 4 cubic foot sealed box and damn does it go

LOW.

I cant wait to get these in boxes in my car. I sent it a 10 HZ test tone

and

it just shook everything. Wonderful My home theatre setup cant compete
and its got alot more juice going to it with 15" woofers (not subs).

sancho

wicked1 wrote:

where do you get the telarc cds at?

http://www.telarc.com

come on... take a little initiative...
--
sancho

wicked1

what makes the telarc CDs better than some of the same classical music I
have now?Do they just have alot better bottom end or what?

"sancho" wrote in message
wicked1 wrote:

where do you get the telarc cds at?

http://www.telarc.com

come on... take a little initiative...
--
sancho

sanitarium

IMHO Its the transient passages that sets many of their recordings apart.
The soft quiet subtle parts and Loud SPL thundering passages... So, its not
something youre going to impress most poeple with and thunder down the
street to. 1812 is loud AND low, kicks at 15 Hz and below. Tune your subs
for low resonance and broad frequency coverage and you will be rewarded.
One note wonderboxes will fart out.

Garrett

"sancho" wrote in message
wicked1 wrote:

where do you get the telarc cds at?

http://www.telarc.com

come on... take a little initiative...
--
sancho

smullen

Congrats on the REs.... Alot of people still don't know about them... From
what I have seen David and Scott from RE are very cool and very helpful as
well...

What are you powering them with???

Post a link to some pics when you get them in...

I jsut bought a few 12" XXXs myself..

"wicked1" wrote in message
I have not got a box built for them in my car yet but I have 1 of them
hooked up in the house in a 4 cubic foot sealed box and damn does it go

LOW.
I cant wait to get these in boxes in my car. I sent it a 10 HZ test tone

and
it just shook everything. Wonderful My home theatre setup cant compete
and its got alot more juice going to it with 15" woofers (not subs).

Warbleed

sanitarium wrote:
*IMHO Its the transient passages that sets many of their recording
apart.
The soft quiet subtle parts and Loud SPL thundering passages... So
its not
something youre going to impress most poeple with and thunder dow
the
street to. 1812 is loud AND low, kicks at 15 Hz and below. Tun
your subs
for low resonance and broad frequency coverage and you will b
rewarded.
One note wonderboxes will fart out.

Garrett

*
[/color]

On the 1812 Overture, the cannon shots actually drop all the way dow
to 6hz. Infrasonic filtering is a must if you're not careful. :
Telarc's CDs also actually USE most of the dynamic range of the CD o
many recordings, so you'll actually see fairly dramatic changes i
volume on certain passages...just as you should.

Many recordings to day have heavily compressed dynamic ranges
primarily so they can be more heavily boosted by radio stations.

Kind of sad how little of the dynamic range of the CD that most peopl
use...

Those cannon shots are killers, I'd expect many an inexperienced kid t
severely damage his speakers
-
Warblee
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17484