Default fix audio files

Repair may not be the right word, I have a few wav files that I made
by recording streaming audio on the net. I wanted to record news
events that were available in audio format on new's websites. Some
were Real audio and others were windows media. They were not
downloadable nor did I find the file in my cache after I played the
stream. Sometimes the audio file is cached. I didn't have the right
software at the time to make better recordings.
I would open up and start a recording application and then start the
stream. I would pre-set my levels with a number of dry runs. Windows
built in mixer controls have a VU meter of sorts as does my recording
program. So I had a sense of the proper level.
I'm recording only voice. On playback the audio is a little "tinnie"
and as if I hear a subltle ringing. Is this a phasing sound? Any way I
thought there might be a way to improve the sound. I have
cooleditPro2 and tried some things with no luck.
I did a few short dry runs with a program that is designed to record
audio streams. First impression is that is was lacking something.
any help would be great.
Greg
Benny354

I am not sure if you are already doing this, but you could set Windows Mixer to
record the Wave Out Mix. Hit record on CEP an open up what ever program plays
the audio. CEP should record exactly what your computer is putting out through
your speakers. So you should end up with close to the exact audio file. As for
the already damaged audio files...If there is a ringing in the background, you
can use CEP to get rid of it it. Hopefully you will know how to do this (email
me if you don't). If the audio is overally tinny, you can equalize it out,
boost the lows. Should sound okay.