Ray Ramos

Default I need Technical support

Hello, every one. I am looking for some assistnace in the kind of
components I should purchase for my truck. I own a Ford 1999 Explorer
2 doors. I have a head unit Alpine 9815 "the blue colored one", and I
have four Boston Accoustics NX 87 with a recommended Amplifier power of
12-160 watts. Nominal independance 4 ohms. Freq response of 50hz
-20khz and sensitibity of 90dB. I do not own an AMP yet. I am looking
for something that will save me some space and that can protect my
speakers because the radio some times kicks to hard on the speakers. I
can not get the volume pass 21 because it will begin distorting the
sound. I dont' want to blow the speakers. I went to an Audio store
and the guy actually told me that what I had in my car was great
quality but the thing the I need was an amplifier. He asked me if at a
later time I was interested in to purchasing a sub woofer and of course
I stated yes. He also asked me what kind of music I listen to and I
stated Jazz, Latin Jazz, Latin Hip Hop "Reggaeton music" that is based
on intense bass and some 80s' rock n roll, pretty much everything.
Then he asked me how many woofers I think I need it I stated one due to
space limitations on my truck, that I was no looking for competition
sound, just quality sound and of course quality *** kicking bass,
whenever I feel like using it. He showed me some of the Eclipse line
of amps, and the the 'Memphis belle" line. I was very impressed with
the features of the Menphis Belle "Baby Belle" a five channel amp. I
asked him about the quality, and if it was one of those amps that can
overheat because of the multi functionallity. The way I was told about
the "Baby Belle" amp, was that it was one of the best ones out there,
the A and B channels were great for my kind of music and that the
woofer channel was a D channel good for bass. I am looking for the
experts outthere to suggest me what are my chices and if the Menphis
Belle "Baby Belle" is what I need to be looking for. My e-mail is
and

Thanks folks, any assistance is very welcomed.
--
Ray Ramos
View this thread:

ReEfErMaDnEsS

great choice but he's likely over priced.....check out ebay for 5
channel amps

or better yet

check out these little bad boys....you could power the rears from the head
unit and the fronts from this amp and the sub from this amp

great amp, these amps are one of the best ones out there....great
quality....very clean and powerful....under rated for power...will make that
Ford sound excellent

power your fronts and sub with the amp and the rears from the head unit

a good sub for that truck:

even a very good deal this one is with the free shipping!

s.com...