PoNDeR

Default 4" speakers

hey,
I currently have a set of pioneer TSG1047 in the front of my car and am
looking to upgrade. They output about 20 watts nominal and a distorting to
early since i have to fade set forward as i like to hear sound coming
towards me.
I'm not looking to cut any holes or anything and the space i have will
fit 4" speakers, not sure how deep i can go at the moment but any
suggestions on something that can handle more power?
I was looking at the pioneer TSE1075 with a 25 watt nominal rating.
Anything else similar in price and power to these that i should have a look
at?
Thanks for your help

PoNDeR

Sorry forgot to mention the clarion src1073
and looking at the fusion FPS42, with the swivel tweeters, do they have a
much greater advantage over other 2 way speakers?

ReEfErMaDnEsS

I had a set of 3.5 fusions that sounded very good

"PoNDeR" wrote in message
Sorry forgot to mention the clarion src1073
and looking at the fusion FPS42, with the swivel tweeters, do they have a
much greater advantage over other 2 way speakers?

Mike Livingstone

I have a used pair of Rockford Fosgate Fanatic P 4" components for sale if
you're interested - US$40.00 + shipping.

Mark Zarella

Well i got some higher power 6X9's running off the same amp different
channel and they don't distort at all, so i assumed it was the speakers.

That's a reasonable assumption, although the possibility still exists that
you're more susceptible to detecting the distortion in the fronts due to
their location in front of you. You're probably right, but it may first be
worth making sure that even if you climb into the backseat and face the 6x9s
they're not distorting as well.

The easy solution is probably to install bass blockers on your 4" drivers.
After all, there's only so much you can get out of 4's. By virtue of their
size alone (and their smaller cone area, smaller xmax, and perhaps smaller
VC size), it's difficult to get them to faithfully reproduce full freq range
power content.

Aside from that, look for a high xmax driver with decent sensitivity. Vifa
comes to mind...

Mark Zarella

Just a side note...

A speaker doesn't put out watts. It takes watts in and turns
them into decibels.

Actually they do. They emit (for lack of a better term) sound energy, and
lots of heat energy. The decibel is just a made-up scale based on a
somewhat arbitrary reference.

But your point is well-taken. Upon rereading his post, it seems he may
think that the power rating of the speaker determines how much power it will
be dissipating. I don't mean to put words in his mouth though.

DJ Kontakt

look for the Cerwin Vega IT series 4 inch component set, I have 2 sets
one in a car, and one in hy room, I really am impressed with thei
quality for the price. Very well built too
-
DJ Kontak
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17414