Steve Grauman

Default VW install question, help!

Does anyone know if Dynaudio tweets will fit into the sail-panel mounting spots
on a 2002 VW GTi?
Paul Vina

Nope. You're pretty much limited to a .75" tweeter up there. You might be
able to squeeze a 1" in there if it's small and you do a little surgery.

Paul Vina

"Steve Grauman" wrote in message
Does anyone know if Dynaudio tweets will fit into the sail-panel mounting

spots
on a 2002 VW GTi?

Steve Grauman

Nope. You're pretty much limited to a .75" tweeter up there. You might be
able to squeeze a 1" in there if it's small and you do a little surgery.

Surface mounting should work ok though, correct? And do you know what the
differences between the System 240 MKII and System 240 GT?
Tha Ghee

"Steve Grauman" wrote in message
Nope. You're pretty much limited to a .75" tweeter up there. You might

be
able to squeeze a 1" in there if it's small and you do a little surgery.

Surface mounting should work ok though, correct? And do you know what the
differences between the System 240 MKII and System 240 GT?

http://www.dynaudiousa.com/products/car/2way.htm

Paul Vina

Not sure on the differences on the Dyn sets, but I can tell you if it was my
car I wouldn't surface mount a tweeter up there in a VW. I've seen it done
and it looks terrible.