Ben Robinson

Default Input Voltages?

Hi

I have the Nakamichi CD45z head connected to a JL Audio 300/4 and a 500/1
sub-amp. The inputs on the amps are switchable from 200mV-2V RMS to 800mV-8V
RMS and the Nak has 4v (is this max or RMS?) outputs. Currently I have them
set to the higher voltage input; is this the correct setting for the output
of the CD45, bearing in mind the amps specified input voltage is RMS and the
CD45z does not state whether max or RMS?

Thanks

Ben
--
Ben Robinson
Supreme Music Ltd - The Home of Eve, Recover & Discover Records and

Tel +44 (0)1273 556321 PO Box 184
Fax +44 (0)1273 503333 Hove
Mobile +44(0)7810 547715 BN3 6UY
MSN England
SIP

Mark Zarella

Hi

I have the Nakamichi CD45z head connected to a JL Audio 300/4 and a 500/1
sub-amp. The inputs on the amps are switchable from 200mV-2V RMS to

800mV-8V
RMS and the Nak has 4v (is this max or RMS?) outputs. Currently I have

them
set to the higher voltage input; is this the correct setting for the

output
of the CD45, bearing in mind the amps specified input voltage is RMS and

the
CD45z does not state whether max or RMS?

Is the amp starting to clip when the volume knob is about 2/3 to 3/4 the way
up? If so, then it's set correctly.

shawn2526

I use the 500/1 myslef and had the same question when I first starte
using it...I recieved alot of conflicting advice on the car audi
forums as to wether using the "low" or "high" setting for the inpu
sensitivity....finaly I emailed JL Audio directly and told them I wa
using a 2.7V Eclipse deck and asked which settinmg I should use....the
told me that if I am using a deck with a voltage any lower than 8v tha
I was to use the "low" setting which as backwards as this sound
actualy means more signal so you would turn your gains up less which i
good....I was told if you are using speaker level or 8v and above t
switch it to the "high" position...Good luc
-
shawn252
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17413

shawn2526

not sure if this will help but this is the exact email I recieved fro
JL along with settings they recomended for my setup...good luck

The 500/1 is a great amp for the 8.3 MicroSub Enclosure. I am not sur
why you are having issues with he output, it should be slamming.
Here are a few settings that I recommend for your amp.

Amplifier Input Section
Signal Sensing: Off, Since you have an Eclipse source unit, you shoul
run the amp remote wire.
Input Sens. This is adjusted by you. This matches the signal input o
the amp to the voltage
output of the source unit. Call me and I can hel
over the phone better then via
email.
Input Voltage: Low, Since you are running an Eclipse source unit th
voltage is low. If you are
running speaker level or 8v above then th
switch needs to set to high.

Amp LP Filter
Mode/Slope: 12dB
Filter Freq.(Hz): 80-90

Advance Bass Control
Boost: After all other setting have been done, come back to the boost
Leave it on 0. After the
other settings have been done, then go with a boost no mor
then +10. Less the better.
Center Freq.: 40
"Q": 1.1

If there anything else that I can assist you on please contact me
-