Daniel

Default Wanted: car alarm stickers

I'm looking for car alarm window decals from any major, well-known,
car alarm manufacturer. Suggestions?

Thanks!
Dan

Supernoma

Should be easy enough to get Viper stickers.

2002 GMC Sonoma ZQ8 SLS Step-Side Extended Cab - 4.3L Vortec / 4L60E

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/sl4ck3r

Is sex dirty? Only if it's done right.
-Woody Allen
"Daniel" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking for car alarm window decals from any major, well-known,
car alarm manufacturer. Suggestions?

Thanks!
Dan

Daniel

OK. Where? Anyone? Thanks!
Dan

"Supernoma" om wrote in message ...
Should be easy enough to get Viper stickers.

Taycron

I'm not sure if putting car alarm stickers on your car is a good idea.
If I had a car alarm I sure as hell wouldn't want the criminal to kno
what brand I'm using.. I understand that you want to make it look lik
you have a car alarm but it just might bring unwanted attention t
someone who might not have even bothered to begin with.. It looks lik
you have something they want... I guess.. It's only an opinion.

-
Taycro

Daniel

FWIW, I found some Clifford stickers on eBay from some guy in the UK.
What do y'all think would be more effective at deterring theft:
Clifford stickers, Viper stickers, or some not yet mentioned? :-)

Dan

(Daniel) wrote in message . com...
OK. Where? Anyone? Thanks!
Dan

"Supernoma" om wrote in message ...
Should be easy enough to get Viper stickers.

TheBIessedDead

FWIW, I found some Clifford stickers on eBay from some guy in the UK.
What do y'all think would be more effective at deterring theft:
Clifford stickers, Viper stickers, or some not yet mentioned? :-)

I would think that an actual alarm would have the most affect. But that is
just me.

Nick
Eddie Runner

send me an SASE and I will send you some
stickers for free....

Eddie Runner
River Oaks Car Stereo
4129 Richmond Ave
Houston TX 77027

(Daniel) wrote in message . com...
OK. Where? Anyone? Thanks!
Dan

"Supernoma" om wrote in message ...
Should be easy enough to get Viper stickers.

Daniel

So the alarm *might* make them run away after they break in. If I had
had a real alarm in my car, I still would have lost my drivers side
window glass. As it was the glass cost me more than the value of the
car stereo which was $99 plus installation three years ago. I'm not
even upset about the stereo, because I wanted a new one anyway. It's
the principle of thing! (plus $150 for the glass, and the hassle of it
all, and the fact that my car interior was rained on for several
hours.) This punk was not a professional, and it's possible he would
have moved on to the next victim if he thought my car had an alarm.
No guarantees, but it's better than nothing, and might even be better
(less hassle) than a real alarm.

Dan

(TheBIessedDead) wrote in message ...
FWIW, I found some Clifford stickers on eBay from some guy in the UK.
What do y'all think would be more effective at deterring theft:
Clifford stickers, Viper stickers, or some not yet mentioned? :-)

I would think that an actual alarm would have the most affect. But that is
just me.

Nick

Daniel

Your point is well taken, but my car was just broken into and the
stereo stolen, and I didn't have any stickers or an alarm. So I get my
window glass fixed, and buy a new stereo, and then what? Wait for
next time? Yeah I'm grasping at straws. If nothing else I guess I'll
be taking the detachable faceplate to bed with me from now on.

Dan

Taycron wrote in message ...
I'm not sure if putting car alarm stickers on your car is a good idea..
If I had a car alarm I sure as hell wouldn't want the criminal to know
what brand I'm using.. I understand that you want to make it look like
you have a car alarm but it just might bring unwanted attention to
someone who might not have even bothered to begin with.. It looks like
you have something they want... I guess.. It's only an opinion..

Taycron

I can see your point Daniel.. Maybe it will prevent the common thief
from taking your stuff.. If only we could give them the death
penalty..[shoot]

--
Taycron

David

Go Eddie!

David
UnderTheDash.com

om...

Daniel wrote:

FWIW, I found some Clifford stickers on eBay from some guy in the UK.
What do y'all think would be more effective at deterring theft:
Clifford stickers, Viper stickers, or some not yet mentioned? :-)

Dan

(Daniel) wrote in message

. com...
OK. Where? Anyone? Thanks!
Dan

"Supernoma" om

wrote in message ...
Should be easy enough to get Viper stickers.

Eddie Runner

I got a buddy with a very seriously large amount of electronics in
his very expensive vehicle.. At his request I installed a simple
radio shack blinking LED, I hooked it up so it only blinks
when his key is off.. he has never had a problem.....It scares
the bad guys away, they go pick on a c ar that isnt blinking.

Eddie

Taycron wrote in message ...
I'm not sure if putting car alarm stickers on your car is a good idea..
If I had a car alarm I sure as hell wouldn't want the criminal to know
what brand I'm using.. I understand that you want to make it look like
you have a car alarm but it just might bring unwanted attention to
someone who might not have even bothered to begin with.. It looks like
you have something they want... I guess.. It's only an opinion..

Taycron

I just put Aiwa stickers on my car and nobody tries anything.

-
Taycro

Daniel

Taycron wrote in message ...
I just put Aiwa stickers on my car and nobody tries anything..

Oh the irony!

Yes, it was a $99 Aiwa from Bestbuy, with detachable faceplate
attached. :-) Clearly an amateur, he did me a favor. I just wish I
had left the car unlocked.

Dan

The Good Bohemian

In article , Daniel
wrote:

OK. Where? Anyone? Thanks!
Dan

If I can dig up mine, I have had 2 DEI systems installed in different
vehicles and never needed/wanted/used the stickers. If you want them,
drop me an email and I should be able to send them out to you (they're
no good to me -- sitting in my shop in the basement likely). My
problem with flying the 'this system is installed here' tag is that it
allows potential no-gooders to know exactly how to bypass the system in
question (if they know the system). I understand that with an
phenomenally professional install it shouldn't be an issue... although
I opt for the element of suprise. I say yank the LED also... c'mon...
grab the handle... break the glass... take the car... insurance helps
me sleep...

Andrew.
aka neex.
Taycron

Sorry Daniel, but that was just too funny... :

-
Taycro