xy

Default AEA R84 vs. Coles 4040

any comparative experiences?

Mr. Dorsey gave high marks on the 4040, so that counts for about
10,000 points.

Recently I heard a blumlein acoustic guitar tracks using AEA R84's
which was awesome (I would even say "unimprovable" within its sonic
idea). But maybe the new Coles is even better because it's making use
of new ideas?
Scott Dorsey

xy wrote:
any comparative experiences?

Mr. Dorsey gave high marks on the 4040, so that counts for about
10,000 points.

Recently I heard a blumlein acoustic guitar tracks using AEA R84's
which was awesome (I would even say "unimprovable" within its sonic
idea). But maybe the new Coles is even better because it's making use
of new ideas?

I did an R84 review as well a couple months before the 4040 review.
The R84 is much more rolled off on the top end... you might like that
a lot (it's almost certainly a good thing on horns), but you might not
(I suspect it's not as good a thing on acoustic guitar). They are both
well worth trying out, though, and Wes will loan you both with a deposit.

KSM 27 vs AT 4040 Ty Ford Pro Audio 2 May 7th 04 07:59 AM
great coles 4040 review by Scott Dorsey xy Pro Audio 10 April 3rd 04 06:11 AM
FA: Neve, Manley, TT patch cables, Eventide, Neumann, Coles, bulk cable, connectors, etc. Lowndes Pro Audio 0 March 6th 04 05:01 PM
FA: Neumann U47fet/KM184s, Coles, Blue, Sennheiser 441, Beyer 201, Studio Kans Lowndes Pro Audio 0 March 5th 04 03:58 AM
What is the diff between AT4033 and 4040 Alan Pearce Pro Audio 3 October 21st 03 08:26 AM