Harold Palms

Default VO job opening

Hello,
My dayjob is with Tourdesign, inc. in Indianapolis, IN.
http://www.tourdesign.com/new/index.html
We do advertising creative (audio/video/print) for all sorts of
stuff, but our bread and butter are concert and motorsports spots.

We are currently seeking new voices for hard-hitting spots like
monster truck ads and hard rock concerts--that sort of thing.
Prospective employees would need to be available to cut voicers during
regular weekly business hours.

In the past we always had all our voice guys in-house. Of course that
is no longer necessary with technology these days. But if someone
with a good voice and no home studio of their own would like to move
here to work that would be great. This would especially be a great
place for someone just getting into production on Pro Tools. We can
show ya the ropes....

So if ya think you got the pipes, send us your demos , please....

Audio Department
Tourdesign, Inc.
10089 Allisonville Road
Fishers, In 46038
Stephen Sank

Hey, how about you guys starting a trend by doing those spots with normal, soft-spoken VO,
instead of obnoxious, screaming moron VO guys?

--
Stephen Sank, Owner & Ribbon Mic Restorer
Talking Dog Transducer Company
"Harold Palms" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Steve King

"Stephen Sank" wrote in message
Hey, how about you guys starting a trend by doing those spots with normal,

soft-spoken VO,
instead of obnoxious, screaming moron VO guys?

Many years ago I was hired as an announcer on "Sunday, Sunday" spots for a
number of tracks. I got the impression that the style was so much of a
"brand" that the words, the message, was not really important. "Sunday,
Sunday" was the reminder. The fan base already knew where the track was and
what time to be there.

Steve King

Harold Palms

"Stephen Sank" wrote in message ...
Hey, how about you guys starting a trend by doing those spots with normal, soft-spoken VO,
instead of obnoxious, screaming moron VO guys?

--
Stephen Sank, Owner & Ribbon Mic Restorer
Talking Dog Transducer Company
http://stephensank.com
5517 Carmelita Drive N.E.
Albuquerque, New Mexico [87111]
505-332-0336

We do that. Really. It's the funniest damn thing ya ever heard.

And hey--screaming morons get the big bucks, dooder.

kooz

Hi Harold -
Why would I have to move to Indy? Can't y'all just fed-ex me the trax
and script, and I'll fed-ex the final mix back? I've got 'Tools,
pipes and the time right where I live...unless part of the deal is
covering the cost of my relocation, mortgage assistance (in case where
I'm living now isn't as expensive as IN). And how about Bloomington?
(I was there a few weeks ago and kinda dug it) Would that be close
enuff for y'all?
-kooz

(Harold Palms) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Ben Bradley

On 26 May 2004 10:15:58 -0700, (Harold Palms)
wrote:

"Stephen Sank" wrote in message ...
Hey, how about you guys starting a trend by doing those spots with normal, soft-spoken VO,
instead of obnoxious, screaming moron VO guys?

--
Stephen Sank, Owner & Ribbon Mic Restorer
Talking Dog Transducer Company
http://stephensank.com
5517 Carmelita Drive N.E.
Albuquerque, New Mexico [87111]
505-332-0336

We do that. Really. It's the funniest damn thing ya ever heard.

Is that the one you use for a promo on NPR? I can hear it now:

"All Things Considered is brought to you in part by the Sunday,
Sunday Truck Challenge and Tractor Pull. Tickets available now."

And why not - during pledge drive the local NPR station kept
playing Schickele's "Upper West Side" and didn't stop until they got
enough pledges.

And hey--screaming morons get the big bucks, dooder.

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley

Les Cargill

Stephen Sank wrote:

Hey, how about you guys starting a trend by doing those spots with normal, soft-spoken VO,
instead of obnoxious, screaming moron VO guys?

Just get Garrison Keillor to do one. With the string band
du jour for accompaniment.

[...]

Crumb

(Harold Palms) wrote in message . com...
Hello,
My dayjob is with Tourdesign, inc. in Indianapolis, IN.
http://www.tourdesign.com/new/index.html
We do advertising creative (audio/video/print) for all sorts of
stuff, but our bread and butter are concert and motorsports spots.

We are currently seeking new voices for hard-hitting spots like
monster truck ads and hard rock concerts--that sort of thing.
Prospective employees would need to be available to cut voicers during
regular weekly business hours.

Monster truck ads... Cool! I'll practice my hillbilly-ese and send you a demo!
Harrold Palms? Is it okay to call you Harry Palms?

Kevin Darbro

(Harold Palms) wrote in message . com...
Hello,
My dayjob is with Tourdesign, inc. in Indianapolis, IN.
http://www.tourdesign.com/new/index.html
We do advertising creative (audio/video/print) for all sorts of
stuff, but our bread and butter are concert and motorsports spots.

We are currently seeking new voices for hard-hitting spots like
monster truck ads and hard rock concerts--that sort of thing.
Prospective employees would need to be available to cut voicers during
regular weekly business hours.

I can think of no reason whatsoever to move back to Indianapolis, much
less deal with the traffic on Allisonville Road, but I'm quite capable
of producing my own VO in my home studio, and am curious as to why you
are wanting your "talent" to be local. Wouldn't it be better to have
a network of voices around the country who can record at home, and FTP
up .WAV files or something? It would seem to be better to have more
options, but what do I know?

- Kevin

Opening a Roland MC303 dxrd Tech 0 August 19th 04 01:26 PM
Power for amp. Where is the opening to run power inside car..Yukon Denali GMC yukon Car Audio 0 May 15th 04 10:38 PM
machines freeze on first opening of audio/video stream -keevill- General 0 January 1st 04 06:41 PM
Need Feedback on opening a Car Audio shop SQUOSH Car Audio 19 October 7th 03 03:19 AM
firewall opening on 2003 accord coupe Yourname Car Audio 0 August 5th 03 07:35 AM