James Perrett

Default What is a core aligning screwdriver (according to Fostex G24s)

Hermann wrote:

Hello!

I would like to setup my Fostex G24s and the manual says i needed a core
aligning screwdriver to get it right.

I'm sorry, my native language is German and so i don't know what it is...
could somebody point me a photo or picture what that should be? Thanks in
advance,
Hermann!

Btw. Does anybody know where to get Measurement-Tapes 1" for G24s in
Austria/Germany/Europe?

If the G24 is anything like the E-16 then you only need that tool for
the erase oscillator tuning which the manual tells you not to touch
anyway. All the other adjustments are preset potentiometers which won't
be damaged by a metallic screwdriver.

Cheers.

James.
Laurence Payne

On Mon, 10 May 2004 16:44:20 +0100, James Perrett
wrote:

If the G24 is anything like the E-16 then you only need that tool for
the erase oscillator tuning which the manual tells you not to touch
anyway. All the other adjustments are preset potentiometers which won't
be damaged by a metallic screwdriver.

It only needs to be something that does the job of a screwdriver made
from wood or plastic. I used to whittle down a popsicle stick.

Don Pearce

wrote:

If the G24 is anything like the E-16 then you only need that tool for
the erase oscillator tuning which the manual tells you not to touch
anyway. All the other adjustments are preset potentiometers which won't
be damaged by a metallic screwdriver.

It only needs to be something that does the job of a screwdriver made
from wood or plastic. I used to whittle down a popsicle stick.

I always found that some 1/16" glass fibre PCB material would file
down to a very durable and handy adjuster. A couple of extra pieces
glued alongside for a handle with a bit of heat shrink tubing - done.
When making your own, you must make sure it isn't a wedge fit in the
core slot; it will certainly crack a core sooner or later.

http://www.pearce.uk.com