Len Moskowitz

Default Rectilinear-3 who designed it?

Radioman390 wrote:

I picked up a pair of these babies, remembering that Jon Dahlquist told me many
years ago they were good.
After struggling to get the pair into my 2-door Toyota, I got them home.
They're impressive, very impressive.
Looking on the internet I find some interesting items. Apparently Jon Dahlquist
was not the only speaker designer to work on them (later production). Jon left
Grumman to work for Rectlilinear as chief engineer, and then later started the
DQ-10 company. Apparently Bongiorno was on board before Dahlquist, but before
him was Shahinian.
Some have said they were very neutral, like Quad electrostatics, and having had
several pairs of ESL-57s and KLH-9s, I agree, but the 3s are more forward, and
beat the Quads in the bass hands-down.

But they compress mightily as the levels go up and distortion goes way
up. And dispersion is very crummy by today's mid-fi standards.

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912