Kalman Rubinson

I have no argument with your instructions but it might be better if
the OP had specified exactly which turntable/arm he has in case it is
one of the many in the 10% which does not fit your instructions.

Kal

On 31 Jan 2004 17:01:41 GMT, (Ken Drescher) wrote:

Maybe somebody else needs this info. on tonearm balancing.

If you need a turntable check my website below for a great selection - all with
working cartridges. They will arrive ready to play - all you need is a phono
input on your amp.

In a message dated 1/31/2004 8:36:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

i was wondering if you could offer a little assistance. i recently dug my old
turntable out of storage and put in a new cartridge . what is the procedure for
adjusting the dial on the tone arm and the anti skate dial? any help would be
greatly appreciated. thanks-bob

Bob, here is the procedu

1) set antiskate to zero
2) adjust main counterweight to balance tonearm in a horozontal position
(level)
3) set scale on counterweight to zero without disturbing counterweight (hold it
if needed). Confirm arm is still level.
4) Turn counterweight (scale should follow) to the desired tracking force (I
use about 1.25 grams for most high compliance cartridges)
5) Adjust antiskate to match tracking force

Hope this helps!

Ken Drescher
Pa href=http://members.aol.com/KDresch/audio.net.htmlaudio.net/a, Used
Audio ShopPNow entering our 9th year of operation.P100% Customer
Satisfaction Guaranteed since 1995.