MegaFlow

Default opinion on image dynamics subs

Does anyone have an opinion on Image dynamics subs?

I dont have alot of room behind the back seat in my crew cab ford truck and my
stereo installer recommended Image dynamics subs. He recommended two 10" subs
to go with my JL audio 500/1

The rest of the system is a pioneer head unit AVHP6500dvd, jl audio 300/4 amp,
bostin acoustics 6.5 pro's up front and boston acoustics rx87 5x7's for the
rear and the 500/1 for the subs.
Douglas Conder

Image makes great subs. I have a single 12" IDMAX running off my 500/1 now.
I also had a pair of ID12's running off the same amp, sounded great. And I
had a single ID10 running off a 250/1 in another vehicle. If space is
tight, you might consider a single 10" IDMAX. They will fit a fairly small
box and will be more than enough bass in your pickup.

"MegaFlow" wrote in message
Does anyone have an opinion on Image dynamics subs?

I dont have alot of room behind the back seat in my crew cab ford truck

and my
stereo installer recommended Image dynamics subs. He recommended two 10"

subs
to go with my JL audio 500/1

The rest of the system is a pioneer head unit AVHP6500dvd, jl audio 300/4

amp,
bostin acoustics 6.5 pro's up front and boston acoustics rx87 5x7's for

the
rear and the 500/1 for the subs.

Paul Vina

I agree wholeheartedly. I have used a lot of different ID subs in a lot of
different configurations in different cars and trucks and I've never been
disappointed with them. I have an IDMAX12 and it's an unbelievably good
sub. The best I've ever heard.

Paul Vina

k.net...

"MegaFlow" wrote in message
Does anyone have an opinion on Image dynamics subs?

I dont have alot of room behind the back seat in my crew cab ford truck

and my
stereo installer recommended Image dynamics subs. He recommended two 10"

subs
to go with my JL audio 500/1

The rest of the system is a pioneer head unit AVHP6500dvd, jl audio

300/4
amp,
bostin acoustics 6.5 pro's up front and boston acoustics rx87 5x7's for

the
rear and the 500/1 for the subs.

Paul Vina

Paul,

What type size enclosure do you have your IDMAX in??? How much power are

you
putting to it? What type of music do you normally listen too?

I'm debating between a JL 500/1 or a JL 1000/1 for power. Until then it's
bridged to half of a JL 300/4. It's in a 2.6cf ported box tuned to 27Hz. I
love the way it sounds. I broke it in in my wife's car with 350 watts and
it was amazing. I can't wait to get more power on it. For music I listen
to just about everything so the sub has to sound good with a wire range of
music and it does.

I am considering purchasing 4 IDMAX 12 V.3 D2s for my Blazer... Space is

not
really an issue I can use pretty much the whole truck from the back off

the
front seats back...

Then I'd do individual boxes (or chambers in the same box) that are 2.5cf
tunes to 30-34Hz.

I want them to be as loud as possible, yet sound as good as possible... I
want a SQ/SPL mix, that sounds good playing music... I don't want a burp

test tone take it home system...

The 2.5cf boxes at 30-34Hz will sound great with everything and get stupid
loud.

Paul Vina

smullen

Paul,

What type size enclosure do you have your IDMAX in??? How much power are you
putting to it? What type of music do you normally listen too?

I am considering purchasing 4 IDMAX 12 V.3 D2s for my Blazer... Space is not
really an issue I can use pretty much the whole truck from the back off the
front seats back...

I want them to be as loud as possible, yet sound as good as possible... I
want a SQ/SPL mix, that sounds good playing music... I don't want a burp a
test tone take it home system...

Thanks