Milan

Default Recommend car alarm, please

Please recommend a car alarm.

These are features I'm looking for:
- affordable
- that it closes windows when I leave the car
- [not necessary] paging feature (with around least 300m range)
- [not necessary] remote engine start (I need to heatup the engine at least
5 minutes before driving, so a remote start would come in handy
- [not necessary] easy to install

Thanks.

Paul Vina

Just about any alarm on the market will do what you need with the right
add-ons. I would worry a LOT more about the installation quality than the
alarm itself.

Paul Vina

"Milan" wrote in message
Please recommend a car alarm.

These are features I'm looking for:
- affordable
- that it closes windows when I leave the car
- [not necessary] paging feature (with around least 300m range)
- [not necessary] remote engine start (I need to heatup the engine at

least
5 minutes before driving, so a remote start would come in handy
- [not necessary] easy to install

Thanks.

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 01:18:55 +0100, "Milan"
wrote:

Please recommend a car alarm.

These are features I'm looking for:
- affordable
- that it closes windows when I leave the car
- [not necessary] paging feature (with around least 300m range)
- [not necessary] remote engine start (I need to heatup the engine at least
5 minutes before driving, so a remote start would come in handy
- [not necessary] easy to install

Thanks.

i dont wanna sound like a prick... but, i are you aware how pointless
it is to run your car for 5 minutes before driving it? A car is
warmed up after like 2 min TOPS. I get -40C weather here...and there
is yet to be a need to let a car runt hat long. Perhaps you need a
new heater core??? Must be awful expensive to burn that much gas.

Unless you got some serious mods to your car...and your turbo must be
a certin temperature before raising rpms.... ?

Milan

A friend told me that heating the engine for 5 minutes will help it live
longer (it need 5 minutes for oil to get to right temperature and right
aggregate state, which is important) and that a car burns much more gas if
driven before working temperature is accomplished.

I'm not and an engineer, so if I'm wrong please correct me.

PS Here where I live lowest temperature is around -10C (and that is not very
often) and the engine has no modification.

Thanks.

- [not necessary] remote engine start (I need to heatup the engine at

least
5 minutes before driving, so a remote start would come in handy
- [not necessary] easy to install

Thanks.

i dont wanna sound like a prick... but, i are you aware how pointless
it is to run your car for 5 minutes before driving it? A car is
warmed up after like 2 min TOPS. I get -40C weather here...and there
is yet to be a need to let a car runt hat long. Perhaps you need a
new heater core??? Must be awful expensive to burn that much gas.

Unless you got some serious mods to your car...and your turbo must be
a certin temperature before raising rpms.... ?

cujo613

I dont want to be cold for 2 minutes, I want it toasty right now

--
cujo613

Recommended Car Alarm? BCC Car Audio 1 October 14th 03 12:30 AM
alarm install in a 2002 neon problem Daniel Car Audio 2 September 21st 03 03:21 AM
Clifford Alarm Installer in Eastern Michigan? Joe Blo Car Audio 0 September 8th 03 04:44 AM
viper esp500 alarm problem Denis Perelyubskiy Car Audio 1 August 16th 03 11:07 PM
Python car alarm question Paul Vina Car Audio 0 July 26th 03 06:09 PM