Dave McMahon

Default Dragster Subs

Does anyone know what wattage a Dragster DW 124 sub is?

Thanks Dave

Scott Johnson

"Dave McMahon" wrote in message
Does anyone know what wattage a Dragster DW 124 sub is?

Thanks Dave

150 watts RMS

Keith R. Williams

In article , sgtslaughter@
{removethis}charter.net says...

"Dave McMahon" wrote in message
Does anyone know what wattage a Dragster DW 124 sub is?

Thanks Dave

150 watts RMS

....another audiophool. "Watts RMS", please!

--
Keith

Scott Johnson

"Keith R. Williams" wrote in message
. ..
In article , sgtslaughter@
{removethis}charter.net says...

"Dave McMahon" wrote in message
Does anyone know what wattage a Dragster DW 124 sub is?

Thanks Dave

150 watts RMS

...another audiophool. "Watts RMS", please!

--
Keith

Don't be so sarcastic. that was all i could see for wattage specs from the
website. if you are gonna be rude, use google and go find the info yourself!

Anthony Fremont

"Keith R. Williams" wrote in message
. ..
In article , NOspam-
says...
Scott Johnson wrote:
"Keith R. Williams" wrote in message
. ..
says...
150 watts RMS

...another audiophool. "Watts RMS", please!

Don't be so sarcastic. that was all i could see for wattage specs
from the website. if you are gonna be rude, use google and go find
the info yourself!

Aw, don't mind him he's just fishing for a fight. He's all in a

huff
because there is no such thing as Watts RMS, even though it's

(mis)used
all over the place. Whenever you think to write Watts RMS, just

replace
the "RMS" with "average sine-wave power" and you'll probably not set

off
the local land-mines. ;-)

This group (alt.engineering.electrical) does have *engineering*
in it's title. And by the way Tony, "average sine-wave power" is
also meaningless. It's *average power*, depending on the failure
mechanism "average" may be over a wildly different time scale. Of
course there are other failure mechanisms than power.

I don't think "average sine-wave power" is meaningless, especially if it
was qualified with some specific frequency, say 400Hz or 1kHz. Since
we're splitting hairs and all, I think it's more meaningful than just
saying 200W by itself. I mean if it's a 200W speaker, can I put 50V DC
at 4A into it safely? How about 1kV at 200mA? ;-) Why specifically
wouldn't it be correct to say "Watts RMS" if that's the type of V they
multiplied by A to come up with W? Should it be assumed that Vrms is
always used when calculating AC power and Watts RMS is redundant? It
just seems to me that Watts RMS actually could stand for something
specific. Should the audio world just measure it as PEP? ;-)

Edward Steele

RMS or Root Mean Square, as for putting dc through a speaker it WILL fry the
coil as a speaker is only designed to take AC, to find the peak wattage of
the speaker divide the RMS by 0.707

Scott Johnson wrote:
[...]

Keith R. Williams

In article ,
says...
RMS or Root Mean Square, as for putting dc through a speaker it WILL fry the
coil as a speaker is only designed to take AC, to find the peak wattage of
the speaker divide the RMS by 0.707

Oh, my! ...and I just promised that I wouldn't go ballistic on
an audiophool again.

--
Keith

==========================

Scott Johnson wrote:
"Keith R. Williams" wrote in message
. ..
says...
150 watts RMS

...another audiophool. "Watts RMS", please!

Don't be so sarcastic. that was all i could see for wattage specs
from the website. if you are gonna be rude, use google and go find
the info yourself!

Aw, don't mind him 4551 just fishing for a fight. He's all in a

[...]

Avanti

"Edward Steele" wrote in message
RMS or Root Mean Square, as for putting dc through a speaker it WILL fry

the
coil as a speaker is only designed to take AC, to find the peak wattage of
the speaker divide the RMS by 0.707

Well that has got to be the funniest I have seen for the month.

You can be sure of one thing on this NG....... BAD AND RUBBISH ADVICE!!!!

Note: you can apply DC to a voicecoil.

IIRC RMS is not simply Peak power *0.707

devils27

damn what a moron, what do u have a stick up your ***?
people dont capitalize a word ur like head exploxes because u got a
dick in ur mouth?
--
devils27
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=163545

Aaron

coil as a speaker is only designed to take AC, to find the peak wattage of
the speaker divide the RMS by 0.707

Well that has got to be the funniest I have seen for the month.
You can be sure of one thing on this NG....... BAD AND RUBBISH ADVICE!!!!
Note: you can apply DC to a voicecoil.

Yup, this is how one of the theil small parameters is measured. They
apply DC to the coil and measure the actual mechanical force the coil
can apply.

IIRC RMS is not simply Peak power *0.707

RMS is exactly .707 * the peak voltage of a wave. Note that some
companies advertise peak power as both sides of a sine wave added together.

eg. A sub running at 800 watts peak would have 400 watts on one side of
the wave and 283 watts RMS. If a sub can take an advertised 400 watts
RMS, then technically it can take a peak to peak wattage of 1131.5 watts.

Just my $,02 of course

Aaron

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

What??You pay two ****ing cents for a message??

--
Dimitris Tzortzakakis,Greece

Ο Aaron έγραψε στο μήνυμα συζήτησης:
[...]

daestrom

"Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" wrote in
message ...
What??You pay two ****ing cents for a message??

--
Dimitris Tzortzakakis,Greece

Since you're from Greece, I don't know if you're trying to make a joke or
not.

The phrase, 'my two cents worth' (also written several other ways), is just
an expression. Much like the phrase, 'in my humble opinion', the author is
just offering his opinion. Comes from the idea that everyone has opinions,
and they usually aren't worth much (say, around two cents ;-)

daestrom
P.S. Not trying to say that Keith's opinion is worthless, just explaining
the phrase ;-)

2 subs one box Daniel Snooks Car Audio 8 August 23rd 03 10:34 PM
Alpine deck blew my subs! Indiglow Car Audio 9 August 16th 03 01:46 AM
Best 8" subs? Sam Carleton Car Audio 7 August 15th 03 04:25 AM
Subwoofer direction Doobie-Doo Car Audio 108 August 13th 03 04:15 PM
Boston 8" Pro subs in trunk? Chall70 Car Audio 1 July 6th 03 05:56 AM