Bryan

Default Box building

I'm about to build a box for my subs. If I was planning on putting 4 tens in
one box would there be any disadvantage in building it without divders? The
way my trunk is, it would be alot easier not to. Couldn't I just quadruple
the reccomended enclosure size of sealed box and place all four inside?

-- Bryan

Doctor Decibel

Hi!

I'm about to build a box for my subs. If I was planning on putting 4 tens

in
one box would there be any disadvantage in building it without divders?

The
way my trunk is, it would be alot easier not to. Couldn't I just quadruple
the reccomended enclosure size of sealed box and place all four inside?

Yes it would work, and you got the theory right about quadruple the volume
of a single box.. However, the first problem is that four tens would
propably
tear your all-in-one box apart pretty soon due to the enormeous pressure
you'll obtain in the box. The second problem wich is related to the first,
is that
you'll have to embrace the box like h_ll if you don't want it to blow up,
and that
would be alot of work too, so basicly you're back to the start... ok..?

I have built boxes with dividers with great success, so that is what I think
you should aim for..

Håvard Limstrand

Scott Johnson

"Bryan" wrote in message
. com...
I'm about to build a box for my subs. If I was planning on putting 4 tens

in
one box would there be any disadvantage in building it without divders?

The
way my trunk is, it would be alot easier not to. Couldn't I just quadruple
the reccomended enclosure size of sealed box and place all four inside?

-- Bryan

you can build a single box for all four tens. you should brace between the
front and back as much as possible.

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 01:48:17 GMT, "Bryan" wrote:

I'm about to build a box for my subs. If I was planning on putting 4 tens in
one box would there be any disadvantage in building it without divders? The
way my trunk is, it would be alot easier not to. Couldn't I just quadruple
the reccomended enclosure size of sealed box and place all four inside?

-- Bryan

the way i look at it is... WHAT IF one sub blows... As the other
subs are doing their job...that sub is ognna be moving along with
them...could possibly ddamage the rest of the subs.

Another issue is... your never gonna get each sub to exactly the same
kind of power... so each sub will be doing a slightly different action
then rest. And youll notice that in such a setup, if you push one sub
in with your hand...threst will move with it. SSSOOOO you coudl
easily ruin all your subs since they could be effecting each other.
Its not as likely ... but...its a possiblty

Another thing... the sub was most likely engineered to work on its own
air space. It wasnt desgined to be with 3 other subs.

The extra wood to make a divider in the box wont cost that much more!