Default dumbest question ever

there is this place called xscargo ...they are basically a luqidation
store. They care car audio ...

http://www.xscargo.com/flyers/flyer.pdf

prices are in canada funds.

OK ...so anyways, normally, i go there...and buy a 10"sub in a
box...remove the sub and put my own good brand sub in the box. So i
end up getting a sub box for 30 bucks for 1 10" sub. Odd enough the
EXACT same brand of box is sold at nearly every stero shop for well
over 100 bucks I just wanted to make it clear why i even
consider that place for car audio before you guys mocked me

here is my question....they have a mobile authority 300 watt amp
....69.99... do you people think that a guy is better off running
deck power to his 4x6 plate, and 6x9 2-way speakers or one of those
amps? ... or is the deck power much more cleaner to feed to the
speakers ?

sanitarium

I am not a big fan of mobile authority. Lets just leave it at that.
Dont confuse them with MA audio.

IMHO US acoustics amps are better for that price. I think you can get US
acoustics amps for under $80 new and some used on ebay and crutchfield.
They make a 65x2 and an 85x2, that are rated at 13V and will put up rated
power. Generally mobile authority amps are drastically over rated, so
their 150x2 amps really only do 55x2.

Garrett

wrote in message

there is this place called xscargo ...they are basically a luqidation
store. They care car audio ...

http://www.xscargo.com/flyers/flyer.pdf

prices are in canada funds.

OK ...so anyways, normally, i go there...and buy a 10"sub in a
box...remove the sub and put my own good brand sub in the box. So i
end up getting a sub box for 30 bucks for 1 10" sub. Odd enough the
EXACT same brand of box is sold at nearly every stero shop for well
over 100 bucks I just wanted to make it clear why i even
consider that place for car audio before you guys mocked me

here is my question....they have a mobile authority 300 watt amp
...69.99... do you people think that a guy is better off running
deck power to his 4x6 plate, and 6x9 2-way speakers or one of those
amps? ... or is the deck power much more cleaner to feed to the
speakers ?

Brandon Buckner

BTW, they are the same company, just two different product lines. The MA
Audio line just happens to be a tad higher-end. Both are designed and
made by the same people. I had the opportunity to discuss it at length
with one of their designers/installers at a dBDrag World Finals a couple
years ago.

Brandonb

sanitarium wrote:

I am not a big fan of mobile authority. Lets just leave it at that.
Dont confuse them with MA audio.

Steve Grauman

IMHO US acoustics amps are better for that price. I think you can get US
acoustics amps for under $80 new and some used on ebay and crutchfield

I looked into their amps while "designing" a low-end system for a friend of
mine. They seem like a hell of a deal. Their USB-4085 amp is rated at 85x4 at
12.9 Volts, with a THD% of "less than 0.01". and it comes with a 3 year
warranty. Crutchfield sells it for $179.99 he
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...p?s=0&c=3&g=12
0&I=235USB4085&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N
Mark Zarella

or is the deck power much more cleaner to feed to the
speakers ?

Deck power is not as powerful as that amp, so therefore the output
signal will not be "cleaner" with deck power at normal to louder
listening levels.

el-kirbo

" i go there...and buy a 10"sub in abox...remove the sub and put my own good
brand sub in the box. So i end up getting a sub box for 30 bucks for 1 10"
sub. Odd enough the EXACT same brand of box is sold at nearly every stero
shop for well over 100 bucks I just wanted to make it clear why i even
consider that place for car audio before you guys mocked me"

My friend bought one of those subs and box... Here's the problem, with the
normal 10" sub that comes with the box made the box leak air. He sealed it
up a bit more and it works fine. The other thing about them is, the use
fibreboard, or what ever you wanna call it. They're not bad boxes if you
have a lower powered sub, or just wanting a little boom in the trunk, but
you are probably best off building one, or just getting the expensive one.

Question about digital audio servers Vince F. Bundy General 2 March 23rd 04 03:34 AM
ipod question Jeffrey Dunnam General 2 March 7th 04 05:35 PM
Question about Alpine AI-NET Paul Vina Car Audio 0 August 22nd 03 12:55 AM
Question Frank Car Audio 2 August 8th 03 05:15 PM
89 cavalier z24 setup question Gravity Car Audio 0 July 13th 03 07:14 AM