Paul Vina

Default My own install on 2000 VW Jetta

There is a tool that slides into the slots on the radio and then it pops
right out. Some VW dealers will pop it out for you, only takes a minute.
As for the amp just make it easy on yourself and mount them on the back of
the back seat. You *can* mount them in that cubbie where the cd changer
was, but it's a lot of work.

Paul Vina

"Chall70" wrote in message
I would like to do my own install on my 2000 VW Jetta.
My gear consist of a Alpine CDA- 7892 Deck,Alpine MRV-F340 4-channel
amp,Alpine MRV-T320 2-channel amp.
2 Boston Accoustics 8" ProSeries subs in black carpeted enclosures. I am
going to use the 4- 6" factory speakers mounted in the 4-doors for now.
Before I start tearing into the dash to remove the factory AM-FM cassette
where would I find information on how to uninstall this factory deck? The
subs fit nicely on each side of the inner fenders in the trunk when they

are
snugged up to the sides. But I am looking for ideas for mounting the amps
also.How about on the floor between the subs close to the back of the rear
seat? And I was thinking about the small hatch(where the factory CD

changer
is usually mounted) to mount the 2-channel amp thats going to power the
subs. Also before taking apart the inner- rocker panels to route wire up
front, any tips with this part? I already have all the wiring I will need
for this in the Monster Install kits. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ken