Default my idea of a perfect deck...

Ok people, anyone know any models off hand that have the following
features???

cd/cdr/cdrw/mp3

An "ATT" like button, something that mutes the voume in half when you
want to speak to your passangers

Subout... not just front and rear rca, but an actual SUB OUT rca port

some good options to play with for JUST the subout rca port

Perferabely a blackish colour of molding...not grey

A display good enough to flasht he mp3 name accross it

NOT jvc

well...any thoughts on that one ???

thanks

loulax07

pioneer 9400 or 940
--
loulax07
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=162910

Brandon Buckner

Pioneers were gray last I knew. However, an low-mid and up Alpine will
do what he's asking starting with the 9813 I believe. Also I believe
there are some Eclipse HUs that will work nicely. For the Pioneer he'd
have to get a premier, not a regular unless its a higher-end one. Then
there's still the gray/tan issue. Might even check out the new
Panasonics. Like the Ghost Display ones.

Brandonb

loulax07 wrote:
pioneer 9400 or 940
--

wrote:
An "ATT" like button, something that mutes the voume in half when you
want to speak to your passangers

Subout... not just front and rear rca, but an actual SUB OUT rca port

some good options to play with for JUST the subout rca port

Perferabely a blackish colour of molding...not grey

A display good enough to flasht he mp3 name accross it

NOT jvc

Paul Vina

The 9815 is the first Alpine that's not silver with the functions he wants.
A higher end standard Pioneer will have all of the things he wants (except
for the color) and so will a Premier unit. I wouldn't do the Eclipse units
since you need the Commander unit to get MP3 capability. The Panasonics may
be a good way to go as well, but I'd go with the 9815.

Paul Vina

"Brandon Buckner" wrote in message
Pioneers were gray last I knew. However, an low-mid and up Alpine will
do what he's asking starting with the 9813 I believe. Also I believe
there are some Eclipse HUs that will work nicely. For the Pioneer he'd
have to get a premier, not a regular unless its a higher-end one. Then
there's still the gray/tan issue. Might even check out the new
Panasonics. Like the Ghost Display ones.

Brandonb

loulax07 wrote:
pioneer 9400 or 940
--

wrote:
An "ATT" like button, something that mutes the voume in half when you
want to speak to your passangers

Subout... not just front and rear rca, but an actual SUB OUT rca port

some good options to play with for JUST the subout rca port

Perferabely a blackish colour of molding...not grey

A display good enough to flasht he mp3 name accross it

NOT jvc

Rilian

I have the Alpine CDA-7998 and it has all that plus a high res display.
Very easy on the eyes.

Brandon Buckner

Eh? The 9813 is black. The buttons are green on it and blue on the 9815
however. Also, I was wrong because according to Crutchfield (Alpine's
site appears to be down at the moment)the 9811 is also black with the
green buttons and does MP3s. Both the 9813 and 9811 have 3 sets of
preouts as well. The 9807 does MP3s also, but it is silver. It was my
understanding that the CD3413 and CD3403 end the built-in MP3 decoder
but all the others needed the Commander add-on. While I'm on
Crutchfield, it would appear that besides the above units, the Clarion
DXZ835MP also fits the bill as does the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X569.

Brandonb

wrote:
An "ATT" like button, something that mutes the voume in half when you
want to speak to your passangers

Subout... not just front and rear rca, but an actual SUB OUT rca port

some good options to play with for JUST the subout rca port

Perferabely a blackish colour of molding...not grey

A display good enough to flasht he mp3 name accross it

NOT jvc

Paul Vina

I don't know what I was thinking on the 9813. Thanks for the correction. I
looked at the Kenwood unit when I was shopping for my car but I wasn't
terribly impressed with it. That front panel seemed a little flimsy. I
like the Alpine and the Eclipse units.

wrote:
An "ATT" like button, something that mutes the voume in half when

you
want to speak to your passangers

Subout... not just front and rear rca, but an actual SUB OUT rca port

some good options to play with for JUST the subout rca port

Perferabely a blackish colour of molding...not grey

A display good enough to flasht he mp3 name accross it

NOT jvc

thanks for all your suggestions people!!! i forgot to mention one
thing though.

I need a deck that...

Doesnt have moving parts with the faceplate. EXAMPLE...when you want
to put in a cd, the deck folds down with motorized means.

Basically, i live in canada...and when the temp hit -40 ... things
break quite easily.

thanks for any other comments!

Brandon Buckner

Well, that narrows things down a LOT. The Alpine 9807 will still do what
you want, but is silver. Clarion has a couple, but only have front/rear
pre-outs, not sub. There IS a low-pass x-over for a sub though. You can
still use the Eclipse 3413 also, which is probably your best bet.
Basically, by cutting down the non-motorized/flip/drop down face you get
rid of almost everything you're wanting.

Brandonb

wrote:

thanks for all your suggestions people!!! i forgot to mention one
thing though.

I need a deck that...

Doesnt have moving parts with the faceplate. EXAMPLE...when you want
to put in a cd, the deck folds down with motorized means.

Basically, i live in canada...and when the temp hit -40 ... things
break quite easily.

thanks for any other comments!

wrote:

thanks for all your suggestions people!!! i forgot to mention one
thing though.

I need a deck that...

Doesnt have moving parts with the faceplate. EXAMPLE...when you want
to put in a cd, the deck folds down with motorized means.

Basically, i live in canada...and when the temp hit -40 ... things
break quite easily.

thanks for any other comments!

dam!
hahaha

sucks living in a alberta! When it gets real cold here in our
winters... often the displays on our headunits **** up even. They
slow down, so if you are flipping thru tracks, when you are listening
to the track you want the display is still showing "track 1, track
2 track 3" it still counts. AS for motorized parts...NOT cool if it
doesnt work due it being to cold. Very annoying to have your head
unit shipped out for repair.

i shall check out the alpine 9807 despite the colour.

Arent eclipse head units EXTREAMELY expensive?

Brandon Buckner

According to a dealer I just called here in Iowa the Eclipse 3413 is
$274.99. Another shop I doo all my business with sells the Alpine 9807
for $249.99. Adjust to Canadian funds accordingly. He also told me the
9807 has the Bass Engine, but not the Bass Engine plus, which is where
setting the specific frequencies comes into play. I'm thinking for the
price/features, the Eclipse is about the best one you're gonna get.
Something you might think about is simple dropdown faces, where you hit
the release and drops down with gravity, not a motor, then is just
pushed back up manually. My old Panasonic did that, never had a problem
with it. The CQ-DF400U I believe. I loved that deck. Not MP3 though.

Brandonb

wrote:
dam!
hahaha

sucks living in a alberta! When it gets real cold here in our
winters... often the displays on our headunits **** up even. They
slow down, so if you are flipping thru tracks, when you are listening
to the track you want the display is still showing "track 1, track
2 track 3" it still counts. AS for motorized parts...NOT cool if it
doesnt work due it being to cold. Very annoying to have your head
unit shipped out for repair.

i shall check out the alpine 9807 despite the colour.

Arent eclipse head units EXTREAMELY expensive?

Perry

wrote:

[...]

US prices on eclipse decks are very reasonable IMO.

They range from $179 to $549(excluding video units ofcourse). I don't know
what the pricing is like in Canada though.

loulax07

the 9400 has a gunmetal finish, and the 940 has a brushed alum finish
both have a motor face