aaron

Default amp question

i've had an older model phoenix gold amp (ms275) running one jl-10w4
and even though the amp has plenty of air circulation, it still
overheats all the time. i'm ready to buy a new amp. i have narrowed
it down to the jl 500-1 or the phoenix gold ti800.1. i know both are
probably overkill, but i want to make sure the amp i buy will not go
thermal on me. the fans on the ti800.1 is a selling point for me. i
also like the idea that i can go bigger in terms of subs in the future
if i so desire. some people might recommend i install a fan on the
gold amp i have now, but i really don't have the time, so i will be
buying a new amp.

what do ya think?

sanitarium

IMHO that amp is a rockford, hifonics, soundstream killer from IASCAs
infancy in the early 90s. Drastically under rated too. Not familiar
with JL model numbers, is it a dvc sub? Might want to try reconfiguring
the coils for a higher impedence, either 4 or 8 ohms.

Garrett

FogHornLegHorn wrote:
What you want for the ms275??
That's one awesome amp!