Default Is awia any good?

I was curious...is Awia any good? After buying two JVC decks in a
row...and both haveing the exact same problems, despite them being
different model numbers... i wanna know your thoughts on awia decks.
Do you people recomand them? i am mainly looking at their mp3 decks

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:40:56 -0400, "Eclipse97z"
wrote:

They are pretty good decks. Just so you know, Sony makes Awia.

Anthony

wrote in message
.. .

I was curious...is Awia any good? After buying two JVC decks in a
row...and both haveing the exact same problems, despite them being
different model numbers... i wanna know your thoughts on awia decks.
Do you people recomand them? i am mainly looking at their mp3 decks

sony makes awia eeehhhh ... well.... thats cool ididnt know that...

whats up with this industry failure rate of 2 and 7 .... is that go
for all of sony products then?

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 04:27:24 GMT, "Paul Vina"
wrote:

Who fed you that BS? Sony builds cd transports for a number of other
companies, but AIWA makes their own gear.

Paul Vina

after look into it...sonys website indicates that Sony does own awia.

Paul Vina

Maybe they do, but that doesn't mean they build their gear. VW owns BMW and
Bentley but do you think VW has anything to do with their construction? I
didn't think so.

Paul Vina

wrote:

Who fed you that BS? Sony builds cd transports for a number of other
companies, but AIWA makes their own gear.

Paul Vina

after look into it...sonys website indicates that Sony does own awia.

Dan J.S.

wrote in message

I was curious...is Awia any good? After buying two JVC decks in a
row...and both haveing the exact same problems, despite them being
different model numbers... i wanna know your thoughts on awia decks.
Do you people recomand them? i am mainly looking at their mp3 decks

Awia sucks... You may get a year out of their decks.

KaeZoo

wrote:

Who fed you that BS? Sony builds cd transports for a number of other
companies, but AIWA makes their own gear.

Paul Vina

after look into it...sonys website indicates that Sony does own awia.

My only contribution to this thread:

It's A-I-W-A.

Aiwa.

Tha Ghee

AWIA is Japanese for Sony. It's the way Saturn is related to GM. They have
differnet R&D teams but have the same reseources. I think the main reason
for Awia was to bring in products at a lower price point with out diluting
or "cheaping" Sony's name/brand image

Tod

That make sense.
Mass marketing under the Aiwa name would bring down manufacturing cost for
Sony/Aiwa.
Giving bigger profit margins for the higher priced Sony line.

"Tha Ghee" wrote in message
AWIA is Japanese for Sony. It's the way Saturn is related to GM. They

have
differnet R&D teams but have the same reseources. I think the main reason
for Awia was to bring in products at a lower price point with out diluting
or "cheaping" Sony's name/brand image

Daniel Snooks

Tha Ghee wrote
AWIA is Japanese for Sony. It's the way Saturn is related to GM. They

have
differnet R&D teams but have the same reseources. I think the main reason
for Awia was to bring in products at a lower price point with out diluting
or "cheaping" Sony's name/brand image

Well then someone at Sony missed the boat on this ... they went out and
"cheapened" their name anyway, I am most disgusted with the mainline Sony
products I have seen/used lately. The only decent equipment they still make
is the reference line for home equipment, and that is far too expensive for
me to ever consider.

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks

Soundfreak03

Sorry, but that's been public knowledge for many years... Who fed you ?
:^)

Well since the deal went down less than a year ago I am not sure that it has
been public knowledge for years.

But Paul makes a good point. There are alot of parent companies that have
several "baby" companies. But just because one crap doesnt make the other crap,
and of course it works the other way too.

Tony Fernandes

Daniel Snooks wrote: "Well then someone at Sony missed the boat on this ...
they went out and "cheapened" their name anyway, I am most disgusted with
the mainline Sony products I have seen/used lately."

I agree. I'm glad I have my old-school C-90...before they started lowering
the standard. I understand they don't make an ES line anymore?

Tony

--

What's more likely? That an all-powerful mysterious god created the
universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or, that

Tony Hwang

Hi,
Sony is almost POS now. And they're laying off lot of employees
worldwide. I wonder why?!
Tony