Default Best Sound Deadener

I am looking to deaden my doors. What is the best spray sound killer? Or
should I use a adhesive sheet like dynamat?

John

capone

b-quiet

--
capone

sanitarium

paul is correct IMHO

Garrett

J wrote:
I am looking to deaden my doors. What is the best spray sound killer? Or
should I use a adhesive sheet like dynamat?

John

autofile

Have you considered eXvibration by Brax?
--
autofile
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=162453

n8 skow

quikcrete

=)
n8

I am looking to deaden my doors. What is the best spray sound killer? Or
should I use a adhesive sheet like dynamat?

John

sanitarium

disregard my previous reply... brain fart...

I used a combination home depot peel/seal asphalt sheet, dynamat
original and spray on chassis under coat with gfood results. The
asphalt sheet is tacky on both sides and will adhere to just about
anytyhing.

First wash as much of the sheetmetal as possible with simple green and
runse thoroughly with warm water. Mask off functional areas and spray a
couple cans of chassis under coating per door. remove the mask and
allow 2-3 weeks to dry. use heat gun and apply asphalt sheet to sheet
metal. Peel plastic backing from exposed sheet of asphalt sheet and
adhere dynamat, press firmly in place with heat gun.

Garrett

J wrote:
I am looking to deaden my doors. What is the best spray sound killer? Or
should I use a adhesive sheet like dynamat?

John

sanitarium

7-8 days in california summer heat. Ive heard others complain about
smells of asphalt sheet and undercoating. Mine went away after a few
days. Heck the dynamat smelled no better / worse.

Garrett

J wrote:

I am looking to deaden my doors. What is the best spray sound killer? Or
should I use a adhesive sheet like dynamat?

John

Jack

"J" wrote in message
s.com...
I am looking to deaden my doors. What is the best spray sound killer? Or
should I use a adhesive sheet like dynamat?

John

edead

I'm lining the inside of a 31 ford sedan with it and it's awesome stuff.

www.edesignaudio.com

Jack

Brandon Buckner

I used the B-quiet Brownbread... never any smell and thats with leaving
it out in the open, not behind panels or anything. Also much cheaper
than dynamat. There are some alternatives such as RAAMat that are
cheaper still, but even RAAMat's thickest is only the equivalent of
B-quiet's Extreme, not up to the Brownbread.

Brandonb

J wrote:

I am looking to deaden my doors. What is the best spray sound killer? Or
should I use a adhesive sheet like dynamat?

John

I ordered 60 s.f. of edead. It's seems to be a good middle of the road
alternative to spending hundreds of dollars.

John

"J" wrote in message
s.com...
I am looking to deaden my doors. What is the best spray sound killer? Or
should I use a adhesive sheet like dynamat?

John

New video card interfering with my Audiophile 2496 sound card Gilden Man General 3 December 12th 03 02:12 PM
OT? Win98SE, help with audio recording from sound card? Logan263 General 5 October 25th 03 01:38 PM
high pitch sound sayduckshun Car Audio 4 October 16th 03 06:21 AM
Ford Premium Sound CD install in a car that doesn't come with Premium Sound? James Piper Car Audio 0 July 30th 03 04:32 AM
Mediocre SQ with perfect 12.1's, Inconsistent , rough, sound timboritus Car Audio 6 July 14th 03 05:38 AM