rick donnelly

Default 99 concorde lxi

Thinking about buying this car...supposedly a legendary sound system in this
thing. Has anyone actually had a listen to it? I'm not asking how it sounds,
as that is far to relative, but is it all that its hyped up to be?
Thanks!
Rick

rick donnelly

Perhaps, but I am told it is 9 or 11 speaker system done by Infinity, with a
Bose head unit. Come now, Paul, I never thought you could be so
close-minded...LOL!
Rick
"Paul Vina" wrote in message
. net...
Are you asking about the stock sound system? If so then it sucks.

Paul Vina

"rick donnelly" wrote in message
.. .
Thinking about buying this car...supposedly a legendary sound system in

this
thing. Has anyone actually had a listen to it? I'm not asking how it

sounds,
as that is far to relative, but is it all that its hyped up to be?
Thanks!
Rick

Daniel Snooks

rick donnelly wrote
Perhaps, but I am told it is 9 or 11 speaker system done by Infinity, with

Bose head unit. Come now, Paul, I never thought you could be so
close-minded...LOL!

Technically you asked for opinions ... that is his :-)
I haven't heard the lxi myself (does it have a sub tucked away somewhere?),
but I have heard the 8? speaker Infinity systems in the Caravan and Grand
Cherokee and they both suck (compared to what I could do with a set of
components up front, a sub, and 3 channels of amplification)
At least those Infinity systems are better then the stock 4 speaker AC Delco
in my Cavalier and Sunbird ;-) so I suppose it is all relative.

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks

Paul Vina

I'm not closed minded. I've heard it, and it sucks. It's too boomy, the
midrange is too forward and there is no real high end. Whether it's 9 or
11 speakers (they count tweeters separately from the mids for some odd
reason) probably does nothing for the system but give it all kinds of phase
problems.

Paul Vina

"rick donnelly" wrote in message
Perhaps, but I am told it is 9 or 11 speaker system done by Infinity, with

Bose head unit. Come now, Paul, I never thought you could be so
close-minded...LOL!
Rick
"Paul Vina" wrote in message
. net...
Are you asking about the stock sound system? If so then it sucks.

Paul Vina

"rick donnelly" wrote in message
.. .
Thinking about buying this car...supposedly a legendary sound system

in
this
thing. Has anyone actually had a listen to it? I'm not asking how it

sounds,
as that is far to relative, but is it all that its hyped up to be?
Thanks!
Rick

rick donnelly

OK, sorry for jumping the gun. The way that I read your original response
was "if its a factory stereo, any factory stereo, it sucks". I was clearly
wrong. Thanks for your input, Paul.

Rick
"Paul Vina" wrote in message
I'm not closed minded. I've heard it, and it sucks. It's too boomy, the
midrange is too forward and there is no real high end. Whether it's 9 or
11 speakers (they count tweeters separately from the mids for some odd
reason) probably does nothing for the system but give it all kinds of

phase
problems.

Paul Vina

"rick donnelly" wrote in message
Perhaps, but I am told it is 9 or 11 speaker system done by Infinity,

with
Bose head unit. Come now, Paul, I never thought you could be so
close-minded...LOL!
Rick
"Paul Vina" wrote in message
. net...
Are you asking about the stock sound system? If so then it sucks.

Paul Vina

"rick donnelly" wrote in message
.. .
Thinking about buying this car...supposedly a legendary sound system

in
this
thing. Has anyone actually had a listen to it? I'm not asking how it
sounds,
as that is far to relative, but is it all that its hyped up to be?
Thanks!
Rick

Paul Vina

I have to admit I don't really expect a lot from a stock system, but I've
heard the Mark Levinson rigs in the new Lexuses are fantastic. The old
Nakamichi systems in the Lexuses were pretty good too.

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
I'm not closed minded. I've heard it, and it sucks. It's too boomy,

the
midrange is too forward and there is no real high end. Whether it's 9

or
11 speakers (they count tweeters separately from the mids for some odd
reason) probably does nothing for the system but give it all kinds of

phase
problems.

Paul Vina

"rick donnelly" wrote in message
Perhaps, but I am told it is 9 or 11 speaker system done by Infinity,

with
Bose head unit. Come now, Paul, I never thought you could be so
close-minded...LOL!
Rick
"Paul Vina" wrote in message
. net...
Are you asking about the stock sound system? If so then it sucks.

Paul Vina

"rick donnelly" wrote in

message
.. .
Thinking about buying this car...supposedly a legendary sound

system
in
this
thing. Has anyone actually had a listen to it? I'm not asking how

it
sounds,
as that is far to relative, but is it all that its hyped up to be?
Thanks!
Rick

Marc

The biggest weakness in my opinion is the lack of deep bass. All things are
relative to compare a Levinson system to Infinity is about as far as
comparing a Astin Martin to the Lexus as far as cars go.

Marc

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
I'm not closed minded. I've heard it, and it sucks. It's too boomy,

the
midrange is too forward and there is no real high end. Whether it's

9
or
11 speakers (they count tweeters separately from the mids for some odd
reason) probably does nothing for the system but give it all kinds of

phase
problems.

Paul Vina

"rick donnelly" wrote in message
Perhaps, but I am told it is 9 or 11 speaker system done by

Infinity,
with
Bose head unit. Come now, Paul, I never thought you could be so
close-minded...LOL!
Rick
"Paul Vina" wrote in message
. net...
Are you asking about the stock sound system? If so then it sucks.

Paul Vina

"rick donnelly" wrote in

message
.. .
Thinking about buying this car...supposedly a legendary sound

system
in
this
thing. Has anyone actually had a listen to it? I'm not asking

how
it
sounds,
as that is far to relative, but is it all that its hyped up to

be?
Thanks!
Rick

Paul Vina

Very true. I was just trying to show that some (okay, very few) factory
systems are really nice. If it's deep bass you're after just add an amp and
a sub or two.

Paul Vina

k.net...

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
[...]