Ken Drescher

Default Sansui 5000X Receiver

Sansui 5000X Receiver, $129

Image: http://members.aol.com/KDresch/5000x.html

This was a high power receiver at 55 watts per channel RMS when introduced back
in 1971. Sansui went all out on this beautiful full featured model. Walnut
veneer cabinet, blackout dial. Inputs: AM/FM, Tape 1 and Tape 2 with dubbing,
aux, phono 1 and phono 2. FM is very clear and includes both center tune and
signal strength meters. low and high filters. This receiver includes
connections and switching for THREE pair of speakers. Across the back is a
large finned heatsink. They just don't make them like this anymore.

This unit is near mint condition. The cabinet is almost perfect with all edges
and corners sharp. No significant distractions. A coat of lemon oil made it
look great. The unit is fully functional and has been tested. I replaced a few
burnt out dial lamps to get the panel lit like new. See what "heavy" Sansui
quality was all about.

This receiver listed for $400 from 1971-76. Only $129 pr. plus shipping
(approx. 45lbs gross)

Pa href=http://members.aol.com/KDresch/audio.net.htmlaudio.net/a, Used
Audio ShopPBrands: Marantz, Pioneer, Kenwood, Advent, Apt, JBL, Technics,
Magnepan, Harman Kardon, AR and many others.P100% Customer Satisfaction
Guaranteed since 1995.