scat131

Default bestbuy/Circuit city

do they install headunits, etc for u, if so how much more do they
charge for installation
--
scat131
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=162105

smullen

My comment on this is, it depends on the type of install you are looking for....

If you are looking for a cookie cutter install....

Headunit
2-3 Amps
Front rear mid/tweets
couple of subs
simple ABC box or simple thow together
simple alarm
maybe some headrest or drop down LCDs

you are prolly safe... I'd feel better if I knew the guy had his MECP...

If you are looking for some crazy custom ish, like maybe:

3+ amps
custom dash work or non - OEM sized speakers in stocl locations
fiberglass work - color matched or vinyled
really nice heat stretched vinyl to wild shapes
custom consoles
complex video setups
really trick amp racks
Motorization
Neon or CCFL back ligh items

I'd go to a higher end car audio specialty shop...

It seems like most of the larger chain stores are get'em in gettin out and sell them a exteneded warranty...

The some of the smaller chains or one off stores that really get into high end custom work installs that may invole tons of hours and even keeping a vehicle in the bay for a few days are better at that..

Even there its hard to find someone to trust...

It seems like everywhere you go the people you get to talk to are arrogent little snot noses that only care about how much commision they are going to make or getting off nitime to go hang out with their lil friends..

You normally, don't even get to talk to the installer, they keep him in the back.

I'm having that problem now... I'm looking to get a pretty big system done in a truck I use mostly for car shows, so I want this one to be really trick.. Details count...

I do have to say, that most of the insllaers I have talked to at the better shops are good guys. They seem intelligent, like they know what they are doing and care...

"YOYO" wrote in message m...
No offense to the previous poster,,,But get the job done at a "REAL" car audio store. Ask around. The poster before, may be good at his store, but in my experience the two stores did a half ass job.
"username" wrote in message . net...
Basic labor will run around $48-$50 and parts are extra for what type of car you have. If you give the make, model, and year, I can give you a quote. Also let me know what kind of head unit is in there now (factory or aftermarket).
"scat131" wrote in message s.com...
do they install headunits, etc for u, if so how much more do they
charge for installation
--
scat131
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=162105

The Lizard

smullen wrote:

It seems like most of the larger chain stores are get'em in gettin out
and sell them a exteneded warranty...

Seems like? That is precisely the business model chain stores use. It's
not that they can't do the custom work, it's just not cost effective.
Even smaller m&p shops don't make money on these, and they largely do it
for the love of the art, or to earn a reputation for their shop. Few
people are willing to pay the prices for truly custom work.