Arthur Shapiro

Default Help? Toshiba Pinout

For a long time I've used an ancient car radio in the office, powered from a
little homebrew 12v. power supply. Car radios are wondefully immune to the
horrible hash in the typical heavily networked/computerized office environment
that gives even a good AM table radio like the Superradio problems.

The radio finally died of old age, so I picked up a used Toshiba cassette
receiver, something called an RX-528. I made very sure from the photo that
the leads were color-coded for function, having been burned by that before
when trying to replace the radio in my car.

Alas, the unit came and was missing the connector that would splice into the
wiring harness in a car's dashboard. Therefore, although I knew what the
green wire and the purple wire and ... would do, I didn't know which contacts
on the back of the radio represented those colors/functions.

I pulled the connector, and was pleased (and surprised) to see that the wiring
inside was color coded, rather than just being a ribbon cable or a direct
circuit board connect. Most, but not all, of the wires corresponded to those
defined on the external label of the radio.

Hoping that the usual red/yellow & black wires inside would be "correct", I
jumpered the power supply to those wires temporarily. No smoke, but no
indication of power either - the display didn't light up or otherwise indicate
life.

In the absence of a schematic, does anyone have any brilliant ideas how I can
debug at least the power connections to this guy? I figure if I can get it to
power up, I can figure out the speaker connections by simple trial and error.
A web search for Toshiba pinouts has not been successful.

Art
Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at this ISP to reach me

REQ: Chevy Prizm OEM HU Pinout Alan 'A.J.' Franzman Car Audio 3 October 5th 05 09:45 PM
JVC KD-S580 pinout Damain Car Audio 0 October 7th 03 06:31 PM
Delco AUX unit pinout FINALLY posted! David Car Audio 1 September 1st 03 11:06 PM
Pinout for Mazda 94-96 factory radio CD connector ToasterKing Car Audio 0 August 28th 03 10:01 PM
Req: Radio Pinout 2001 Chevy Prizm (Toyota Corolla?) Alan 'A.J.' Franzman Car Audio 3 July 4th 03 06:38 AM