ALLEN

Default Boss Chaos -Rev-1055 Amp

I found a box full of these amps in a storage unit I was cleaning out
and I would like to know if any one has every used one,i'm old school
and don't know that much about these I built rf amps,but what I wanting
to know, they are 4ch bridgeable 2 ohm and i'm wanting to to bridge it
to just have a two ch output to drive two subs in my sons car,the subs
are 12inch audiobahn.Any help would be great thanks Abiablus

Abiablus

thanks for the input on Boss/1055 amp. but the factory sent me the
users
manual and the amp was made 2yrs 98/99 and its a class A-B Amp so I know
that after hooking it up it was very clean
sounding also its a 4 channel bridgable
amplifier. It can be set up in the tri-way
mode capable.
175 watts-into 4 ch
480 watts into 2 ch
175 watts into 2ch + 480 watts into 3rd ch.
After hooking it up today to 2 aw1200Q audiobahn subs I bridged the amp
and I
hooked the speakers up at 2 ohms as the
Boss tech in CA told me to get the most
power and he was right. This amp does
not have limiter of any kind. So at the local audio store I had the tech
run his jumpers to it so I'd have a hint to know what I could do with
the rest of them.
Instead of pushing the 480 watts that I expected to each speaker it was
showing
consistantly 716-742 per sub. At the 2 ohm rate. But also do have a
high output battery in the trunk plus have 2 1-

farad caps on each sub. So far with just
4 hours running its done just fine for an
old relic. I guess the next thing I'll try is
bridge all 4 channels into 1. If I burn up a couple of amps they were
free. It's the only way to figure out what to do with something that
nobody has anymore.

sanitarium

98-99 time frame... I think those BOSS amps were designed and made by Zed
Audio (hifonics, rodek, Earthquake, Lanzar). Thats great, sounds like you
got a real gem.

Garrett