Bret

Default Compensating for ambient noise in home audio

I often like to have the sound down pretty low when I'm listening to audio
at home, usually TV. The problem is that I live in a small apartment and
whenever the forced-air heating or the refridgerator comes on, I have to
turn the sound up to compensate for the noise.

Is there anything on the market that can automatically adjust the volume to
compensate for ambient noise? All I've been able to find are
speed-compensating volume systems in car audio, or ambient noise
cancellation in headphones. Nothing for non-headphone home audio.

Arny Krueger

"Bret" wrote in message
I often like to have the sound down pretty low when I'm listening to
audio at home, usually TV. The problem is that I live in a small
apartment and whenever the forced-air heating or the refrigerator
comes on, I have to turn the sound up to compensate for the noise.

Is there anything on the market that can automatically adjust the
volume to compensate for ambient noise? All I've been able to find are
speed-compensating volume systems in car audio, or ambient noise
cancellation in headphones. Nothing for non-headphone home audio.

http://www.bogen.com/products/pdfs/s...fs/ANS501s.pdf

http://www.fullcompass.com/Products/pages/SKU--55513/

Power Filtration Lucas Tam Audio Opinions 58 September 20th 04 05:25 AM
Clean Power? Dylan X Car Audio 99 January 7th 04 04:02 PM
OT... Home audio... sanitarium Car Audio 2 December 29th 03 05:36 PM
Whole home Audio pre-wiring tutorials/plans/details - how to do-it-yourself Sri General 0 October 2nd 03 04:16 PM
hearing loss info Andy Weaks Car Audio 17 August 10th 03 08:32 AM