JCM

Default How did the Sherwood CD-980 memorize my CD?

I came across a Sherwood CD-980 CD player that seems to have memorized
an entire Paul Simon CD. That is, the unit can play the CD, with
fast-forward, rewind, etc., even though the disc isn't inserted! If I
insert another disc, I can play that one; but when the CD player is
empty, it still remembers my Paul Simon. The audio quality seems good,
though I'm not sure how good.

Does this unit have some sort of persistent memory? If so, what is it,
and how much? Is the feature documented?

Thanks!

Josh
ScottW

"JCM" wrote in message
m...
I came across a Sherwood CD-980 CD player that seems to have memorized
an entire Paul Simon CD. That is, the unit can play the CD, with
fast-forward, rewind, etc., even though the disc isn't inserted! If I
insert another disc, I can play that one; but when the CD player is
empty, it still remembers my Paul Simon. The audio quality seems good,
though I'm not sure how good.

Does this unit have some sort of persistent memory? If so, what is it,
and how much? Is the feature documented?

The sherwood site lists features called memory system track and calendar
track. Not sure what those are.

http://www.sherwoodusa.com/prod_cd980t.html

ScottW