jak163

Default The Power of Nightmares

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:16:59 GMT, "Michael McKelvy"
wrote:

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

So you didn't get it either. I guess it would be a waste for you to watch
the
movie. You wouldn't get it with all your baggage. But answer this question
just
to test your understanding of this movie. Does Michael Moore claim that
gun
ownership in the U.S. is a cause for the high levels of violence in the
U.S.?

Not overtly, but if that is not his point what is the point of Bowling for
Columbine?

Right, you don't even know what the point of the movie was. Very
rigorous.
Michael McKelvy

wrote:

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

So you didn't get it either. I guess it would be a waste for you to
watch
the
movie. You wouldn't get it with all your baggage. But answer this
question
just
to test your understanding of this movie. Does Michael Moore claim that
gun
ownership in the U.S. is a cause for the high levels of violence in the
U.S.?

Not overtly, but if that is not his point what is the point of Bowling for
Columbine?

Right, you don't even know what the point of the movie was. Very
rigorous.

My brother in law thinks it's about living in a gun crazy society.

I think it's about a crazy, lying, fat *******'s distorted view of the
country he hates.

S888Wheel

From: "Michael McKelvy"
Date: 11/11/2004 10:49 AM Pacific Standard Time

From: "Michael McKelvy"

Date: 11/10/2004 10:40 PM Pacific Standard Time

wrote:

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

So you didn't get it either. I guess it would be a waste for you to
watch
the
movie. You wouldn't get it with all your baggage. But answer this
question
just
to test your understanding of this movie. Does Michael Moore claim
that
gun
ownership in the U.S. is a cause for the high levels of violence in
the
U.S.?

Not overtly, but if that is not his point what is the point of Bowling
for
Columbine?

Right, you don't even know what the point of the movie was. Very
rigorous.

My brother in law thinks it's about living in a gun crazy society.

He's wrong.

Well, he is a Liberal, but I thought that would give him a leg up on it.

Not really.

I think it's about a crazy, lying, fat *******'s distorted view of the
country he hates.

You're wrong.

Since even a bonafide Liberal didn't get it, how letting me in on it, I
promise I straighten him out also.

It's kind of hard to explain your misunderstandings of a movie you didn't see.
Michael Moore points to an incontravertable fact. We live in a very violent
society. He looks at several popular simple explinations including the
popularity of gun ownership in the U.S.He also looks at music and video games
as an influence. He pretty much debunks each of these simple explinations by
citing other societies that live with the same individual conditions but do not
suffer from the massive amounts of violence. He does suggest that our county's
mentality of conquest as a means of getting what we want might be a possible
explination. He doesn't offer it as a fact though.

Michael McKelvy

From: "Michael McKelvy"
Date: 11/11/2004 10:49 AM Pacific Standard Time

From: "Michael McKelvy"

Date: 11/10/2004 10:40 PM Pacific Standard Time

m...
wrote:

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

[...]

That would be a first.

We live in a very violent
society. He looks at several popular simple explinations including the
popularity of gun ownership in the U.S.He also looks at music and video
games
as an influence. He pretty much debunks each of these simple explinations
by
citing other societies that live with the same individual conditions but
do not
suffer from the massive amounts of violence.

Do you suppose his rosy picture of Canada has anythng to do with the fact
that BFC was produced by a Canadian company?

Do you suppose it was an honest error to compare Canada and the US as being
very similar when they aren't?

When he compared U.S. gun-death totals with Canada's, he included death by
legal intervention (i.e., a violent felon being shot by a police officer)
which is not included in the Canadian gun death total. Do you think that's
honest?

Why does he try to make us think that Canada is as racially diverse as the
U.S.? Does he not know for example that the Black poulation of Canada
accounts for only 3% of the total, and once you get outside Ontario they are
almost nonexistant?

He seems to want us to believe that the fear of some people of getting
assaulted by a Black or Hispanic is unfounded, yet they account for over 50%
of the U.S homicides, both as victims and as perps. Does that seem honest
to you? Do you think he'd feel safe in South Central L.A.?

He seems really afraid of getting shot in the U.S., shouldn;t he be more
afraid of all the bacon and crap he likes to eat since they are far more
likely to kill him than a gunshot?

http://webapp.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/leadcaus10.html

He does suggest that our county's
mentality of conquest as a means of getting what we want might be a
possible
explination. He doesn't offer it as a fact though.

Oh good, I think a real fact would give him a cramp.

Why is he so obsessed with getting shot in school? He went to school and
you and I went to school and we ain't dead. The statistics haven't really
changed.
http://webapp.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/leadcaus10.html

I wonder if he or any of the college organizations that paid him illegally
will be prosecuted?

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=15914

What I really would like is if the Left keeps using him as their poster boy.
I think he'll help them to stay as out of control and out of touch as they
are now.

YMMV

Marc Phillips

McKelvy said:

Do you think he'd feel safe in South Central L.A.?

There's actually a part of the film where he goes to the corner of Florence and
Normandie, you cretin.

Boon
Michael McKelvy

"Marc Phillips" wrote in message
McKelvy said:

Do you think he'd feel safe in South Central L.A.?

There's actually a part of the film where he goes to the corner of
Florence and
Normandie, you cretin.

Boon

Let me guess. He had a film crew with him. Knowing how honest he is, there
were probably private security guards or LAPD off camera. Face it, he
wouldn't feel safe there at night alone. People who live there don't feel
safe.

If you're trying to convince me that Moore is not a lying sack of ****,
you're way past to late. The jury is in and he lost.

Michael McKelvy

Don't worry though, in another 2 years or so, you'll get to see F 9/11 1/2.

S888Wheel

From: "Michael McKelvy"
Date: 11/12/2004 12:49 PM Pacific Standard Time

From: "Michael McKelvy"

Date: 11/11/2004 10:49 AM Pacific Standard Time

From: "Michael McKelvy"

Date: 11/10/2004 10:40 PM Pacific Standard Time

om...
wrote:

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

[...]

I'm done wasting my time with you. So you have an irrational fear of minorities
to go with your irrational fear of liberals. How do you sleep at night?

Marc Phillips

McKelvy said:

Do you think he'd feel safe in South Central L.A.?

There's actually a part of the film where he goes to the corner of
Florence and
Normandie, you cretin.

Boon

Let me guess. He had a film crew with him. Knowing how honest he is, there
were probably private security guards or LAPD off camera. Face it, he
wouldn't feel safe there at night alone. People who live there don't feel

safe.

I have a friend who lives there, and he feels safe. If anything, South Central
and Watts and places like that are bastions of neighborhood pride and civic
responsibility. They're not what white people like you think they are.

If you're trying to convince me that Moore is not a lying sack of ****,
you're way past to late. The jury is in and he lost.

He had the largest grossing documentary in history and he lost? You're wasting
everyone's time by being here.

Boon
Michael McKelvy

McKelvy said:

Do you think he'd feel safe in South Central L.A.?

There's actually a part of the film where he goes to the corner of
Florence and
Normandie, you cretin.

Boon

Let me guess. He had a film crew with him. Knowing how honest he is,
there
were probably private security guards or LAPD off camera. Face it, he
wouldn't feel safe there at night alone. People who live there don't feel

safe.

I have a friend who lives there, and he feels safe. If anything, South
Central
and Watts and places like that are bastions of neighborhood pride and
civic
responsibility. They're not what white people like you think they are.

Right, they just make up the crime stats for the area.

If you're trying to convince me that Moore is not a lying sack of ****,
you're way past to late. The jury is in and he lost.

He had the largest grossing documentary in history and he lost? You're
wasting
everyone's time by being here.

You're wasting everyone's time lying to them. Michael Moore loses the
integrity contest. I'm not surprised YOU don't get that.

Michael McKelvy

From: "Michael McKelvy"
Date: 11/12/2004 12:49 PM Pacific Standard Time

From: "Michael McKelvy"

Date: 11/11/2004 10:49 AM Pacific Standard Time

From: "Michael McKelvy"

Date: 11/10/2004 10:40 PM Pacific Standard Time

news:tfi5p0pr6huevsmki5g7fg9olrk7agi7s7@4ax. com...
wrote:

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

[...]

Since neither of those statements are true, very well.

Nice evasion of facts though.

Marc Phillips

McKelvy said:

Do you think he'd feel safe in South Central L.A.?

There's actually a part of the film where he goes to the corner of
Florence and
Normandie, you cretin.

Boon

Let me guess. He had a film crew with him. Knowing how honest he is,
there
were probably private security guards or LAPD off camera. Face it, he
wouldn't feel safe there at night alone. People who live there don't feel

safe.

I have a friend who lives there, and he feels safe. If anything, South
Central
and Watts and places like that are bastions of neighborhood pride and
civic
responsibility. They're not what white people like you think they are.

Right, they just make up the crime stats for the area.

Okay, now produce some crime statistics to support this. Prove how things are
worse in South Central and Watts than, say, Van Nuys, Panorama City or North
Long Beach or Santa Ana or Venice Beach.

If you're trying to convince me that Moore is not a lying sack of ****,
you're way past to late. The jury is in and he lost.

He had the largest grossing documentary in history and he lost? You're
wasting
everyone's time by being here.

You're wasting everyone's time lying to them. Michael Moore loses the
integrity contest. I'm not surprised YOU don't get that.

I'm not surprised that you haven't produced any facts to back up your empty
rhetoric. And watch the double negatives.

Boon