fear

Default Tracks missing on new CD - help

I bought a new CD, played all the way through once, but now, every
time I play it, on any CD player, 4 tracks are missing. It has 18
tracks, but now only the first 14 show up. The CD looks fine, I don't
know if I should try the liquid scratch remover stuff, or what to do
to recover the missing tracks.
Anyone.....??
JBorg

fear wrote

I bought a new CD, played all the way through once, but now, every
time I play it, on any CD player, 4 tracks are missing. It has 18
tracks, but now only the first 14 show up. The CD looks fine, I don't
know if I should try the liquid scratch remover stuff, or what to do
to recover the missing tracks.
Anyone.....??

I've never come accross that problem. You should return that new
CD for an even exchange.

Joseph Oberlander

JBorg wrote:

fear wrote

I bought a new CD, played all the way through once, but now, every
time I play it, on any CD player, 4 tracks are missing. It has 18
tracks, but now only the first 14 show up. The CD looks fine, I don't
know if I should try the liquid scratch remover stuff, or what to do
to recover the missing tracks.
Anyone.....??

I've never come accross that problem. You should return that new
CD for an even exchange.

If you have a very old player, it may not play the disc
properly if it is, say, an 80 minute CD. Yet, if you
start it on 13 or 14 and let it keep playing, it plays
fine.

Time to get a new CD player if this is the case.

JBorg

Joseph Oberlander wrote
JBorg wrote:
fear wrote

I bought a new CD, played all the way through once, but now, every
time I play it, on any CD player, 4 tracks are missing. It has 18
tracks, but now only the first 14 show up. The CD looks fine, I don't
know if I should try the liquid scratch remover stuff, or what to do
to recover the missing tracks.
Anyone.....??

I've never come accross that problem. You should return that new
CD for an even exchange.

If you have a very old player, it may not play the disc
properly if it is, say, an 80 minute CD. Yet, if you
start it on 13 or 14 and let it keep playing, it plays
fine.

Agreed.

Time to get a new CD player if this is the case.

NO.

What is the matter with you ? His new CD might be defective and
contain error.

You should advice he make sure to use recently made
cd player to test his new CD.

Joseph Oberlander

JBorg wrote:

Joseph Oberlander wrote

JBorg wrote:

fear wrote

[...]

Of course. You double-check any theory before laying
down money. OTOH, I had a 4 year old CD player that wouldn't
read past 75 minutes to save it's life - so sometimes "newer"
isn't exactly always compatable.

JBorg

Joseph Oberlander wrote
JBorg wrote:
Joseph Oberlander wrote
JBorg wrote:
fear wrote

[...]

That's right! because even a 5 year old CD player, which I have, has no
trouble reading a new CD containing greater than 75 min. of music.
Therefore, he shouldn't buy a new CD player yet specially so 'cause
you know, fear, tried his new CD on other cd players and the 4 track
are still missing.

OTOH, I had a 4 year old CD player that wouldn't
read past 75 minutes to save it's life - so sometimes "newer"
isn't exactly always compatable.

That's right also 'cause sometimes even a "newer" CD player isn't
always exactly compatable -- so he shouldn't get a new CD player yet.
So, why do you think he should buy a new CD player?

What's wrong with you?

fear

My player is actually a new DVD player. And a year old PC CD drive.
Very strange. I've never seen this happen before.

"JBorg" wrote in message om...
Joseph Oberlander wrote
JBorg wrote:
Joseph Oberlander wrote
JBorg wrote:
fear wrote

[...]

JBorg

fear wrote in message

My player is actually a new DVD player. And a year old PC CD drive.
Very strange. I've never seen this happen before.

You should try it on a new stand alone CD players, or return it to get your
money back.

"JBorg" wrote in message
om...
fear wrote

I bought a new CD, played all the way through once, but now, every
time I play it, on any CD player, 4 tracks are missing. It has 18
tracks, but now only the first 14 show up. The CD looks fine, I don't
know if I should try the liquid scratch remover stuff, or what to do
to recover the missing tracks.
Anyone.....??

I've never come accross that problem. You should return that new
CD for an even exchange.

Just a wild ass guess, but it might have some of that hare-brained copy
protection that the record companies in desperation are experimenting with.
How does it feel to be a lab rat for the "man"?