Pat

Default M-Audio Audiophile 2496

Not for gaming. How is the Audiophile 2496, regards clean music output to
noise sensitive speakers?

Arny Krueger

"Pat" wrote in message

Not for gaming. How is the Audiophile 2496, regards clean music
output to noise sensitive speakers?

Certainly better than the speakers, might be better than the amp.

Laurence Payne

Not for gaming. How is the Audiophile 2496, regards clean music output to
noise sensitive speakers?

Very good.
Pat

Not for gaming. How is the Audiophile 2496, regards clean music
output to noise sensitive speakers?

Certainly better than the speakers, might be better than the amp.

The only potential negative that I have read about this card is that it
supposedly does not use interrupts. As I understand it, they poll for I/O
completions. If true, maybe it might require more cpu power. Then again,
without interrupts, it might theoretically be cleaner.

Laurence Payne

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:52:29 GMT, "Pat" wrote:

Not for gaming. How is the Audiophile 2496, regards clean music
output to noise sensitive speakers?

Certainly better than the speakers, might be better than the amp.

The only potential negative that I have read about this card is that it
supposedly does not use interrupts.

Where did you read this?

Pat

"Laurence Payne" wrote in message

Where did you read this?

One post in either a Goggle search or some forum. Trying to find what I read
is not successful. However, it seems that after further reading of other
messages, that Audiophile 2496 does use IRQ. I just bought one and haven't
installed it yet. Are their any IRQ concerns about configuring, slots, what
IRQ the card accepts?

Thanks