Ellis Weiner

Default Big bad buzz

I have a Rotel RB-9808X which has worked well for years. Suddenly it's
making a huge buzz for no apparent reason. I took the cover off and
found no obviously loose stuff. When I hook it up to a speaker and plug
in an interconnect, the buzzing starts, and when I tap the other end of
the interconnect it makes a loud pop. But get this: when I touch the
chassis or lean on it, the buzzing lessens.

What gives? Is it some kind of ground thing? But there's no ground
connect or screw or anything, and this has only recently started happening.

Note that I'm a dumb amateur, so have technical mercy. Thanks in adv.

Ellis W.

jriegle

Sounds like there may be an open ground in the signal wire your connecting
if that's what you mean by interconnect.
Also, Does it have a two prong AC plug? Is it reversible? If so, try
flipping it in the outlet.

"Ellis Weiner" wrote in message
I have a Rotel RB-9808X which has worked well for years. Suddenly it's
making a huge buzz for no apparent reason. I took the cover off and
found no obviously loose stuff. When I hook it up to a speaker and plug
in an interconnect, the buzzing starts, and when I tap the other end of
the interconnect it makes a loud pop. But get this: when I touch the
chassis or lean on it, the buzzing lessens.

What gives? Is it some kind of ground thing? But there's no ground
connect or screw or anything, and this has only recently started

happening.

Note that I'm a dumb amateur, so have technical mercy. Thanks in adv.

Ellis W.

Carl Valle

"jriegle" wrote in message
[...]

I think you have a bad cable (interconnect)
try a new cable
Carl

Left channel tweeter buzz Sam Audio Opinions 2 December 29th 03 04:35 PM
Left channel tweeter buzz Sam High End Audio 1 December 27th 03 07:48 PM
Left channel tweeter buzz Sam Tech 3 December 26th 03 03:43 PM
Need Help Removing Buzz From Digitized LP Audio Charlie Hubbard Pro Audio 51 October 5th 03 02:10 AM