Deke

Default Need replacement motor....

The capstan drive motor in my Yamaha K-700
has started squealing, which a bit of lube wont fix.
The original motor is a
Sankyo BFA2L38 31121-A.
Yamaha will sell me a replacement for $75 bucks, which is a bit stiff.
The replacement part number is XX641411.
I'm in the process of transferring all my tapes to CDR, all of which were
recorded on this machine,
and I have to get it repaired due to the instant optical reverse feature.
Any suggestions as to cross reference/source for
another motor?

Thanks

Deke

--
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic."

Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - ), "Technology and the Future"

Mark D. Zacharias

MCM and many other suppliers sell replacement motors which would work just
fine, such as Mabuchi or Matsu****a. They all have minimum orders of about
15.00 or so, and your motor is around 5.00 or so. Might be a good time to
browse for some other accessories as well.

You'll need to determine what the rotational direction if the motor is when
running. Most are counter-clockwise, 12 volts. The all use standard mounting
holes, and you'll need to set the pulley height to be close to the original.

Mark Z.

"Deke" wrote in message
The capstan drive motor in my Yamaha K-700
has started squealing, which a bit of lube wont fix.
The original motor is a
Sankyo BFA2L38 31121-A.
Yamaha will sell me a replacement for $75 bucks, which is a bit stiff.
The replacement part number is XX641411.
I'm in the process of transferring all my tapes to CDR, all of which were
recorded on this machine,
and I have to get it repaired due to the instant optical reverse feature.
Any suggestions as to cross reference/source for
another motor?

Thanks

Deke

--
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic."

Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - ), "Technology and the Future"

Mark D. Zacharias

P.S.

There's a strong chance the belts are about gone as well, and you'll need to
adjust the motor speed after installation.

Mark Z.

"Deke" wrote in message
The capstan drive motor in my Yamaha K-700
has started squealing, which a bit of lube wont fix.
The original motor is a
Sankyo BFA2L38 31121-A.
Yamaha will sell me a replacement for $75 bucks, which is a bit stiff.
The replacement part number is XX641411.
I'm in the process of transferring all my tapes to CDR, all of which

were
recorded on this machine,
and I have to get it repaired due to the instant optical reverse

feature.
Any suggestions as to cross reference/source for
another motor?

Thanks

Deke

--
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic."

Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - ), "Technology and the Future"

Deke

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
MCM and many other suppliers sell replacement motors which would work just
fine, such as Mabuchi or Matsu****a. They all have minimum orders of about
15.00 or so, and your motor is around 5.00 or so. Might be a good time to
browse for some other accessories as well.

You'll need to determine what the rotational direction if the motor is

when
running. Most are counter-clockwise, 12 volts. The all use standard

mounting
holes, and you'll need to set the pulley height to be close to the

original.

Mark Z.

MCM website is hammered, and has been all weekend, no access to anything but
the catalog.
I was hoping to find a direct cross reference somewhere, but no luck so far.
If my foggy memory serves me, the Yamaha replacement part number, XX641411,
reminds me of a part number for Mabuchi, but I could be wrong.
I'll keep looking. Thanks.

Deke