Robearet

Default Stuck Cd tray

I have a Sony rack cd player, model cdp-ce405, with a 5-cd tray. The
tray is stuck with one cd in it after I tilted the unit while
connecting it. The "open" button won't work. Any ideas as to how to
get the tray unstuck with tearing it up? Thanks.
UnionPac2001

I have a Sony rack cd player, model cdp-ce405, with a 5-cd tray. The
tray is stuck with one cd in it after I tilted the unit while
connecting it. The "open" button won't work. Any ideas as to how to
get the tray unstuck with tearing it up? Thanks.

Take your trusty philips screwdriver and remove the 4 screws holding the metal
case on, and take a look inside

UnionPac2001

Thanks. I must sheepishly admit that I thought of that only after posting
my message. Haven't used the Phillips yet, but will do so tomorrow...

You're welcome. Don't feel bad. One doesn't always think of the easy solution
in a timely fashion! I, for example, spend MOST of MY life in brain fart mode.
; )

Jeff