Jason Le Vaillant

Default NAD C300 amplifier failure - fuses repeatedly blow

My NAD C300 (a cut down C320) amplifier has died. The saga began when I
noticed that the power light was red, indicating "overload". I turned
the amplifer off, and then back on sometime afterwards, and the power
light remained off - my amp was now completely dead. A great amount of
fiddling ensued, with no result.

I took the top part of the amplifier casing off and discovered that two
500 mA fuses on the power board (connected to the white and peach wires
from the transformer) were blown.

I replaced the fuses, and turned the amp on. The power light flashed red
for a second, then nothing. I discovered that the replacement fuses had
blown immediately.

Investigations continue, but suggestions (or schematics, which I
presently lack) would be much appreciated.

--
Jason Le Vaillant