Per Stromgren

Default site updated, live location info added

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 09:26:44 -0600, "Einstein"
wrote:

...recordings
of orchestra back in the '70's and we were able to get near absolute realism
on playback in a semi-anechoic listening room using two Crown DC 300 amps
and four EV Patrician speakers

OMG!

placed near but not in the corners of the
room. this setup was capable of live concert volume without distortion

I would suppose so. If this was an acoustic orchestra, there should
not be needed to go this far! Did you measure the level at the
recording? To replay an symphonic orchestra with its original SPL at
the typical good seat is not *that* hard! We seldom get SPL:s in
excess of 105dB, if my memory serves me. This would get an headroom of
some 20dB with the DC300/Patricians!

What kind of music was this?

Per Stromgren.