Ray B.

Default Help: Transit USB Audio Device Not Fully Recognized by Windows 98SE

Hey all.

I am unable to get windows 98SE to fully recognize the M-Audio Transit
USB
external soundcard. After downloading the latest
drivers from the M-Audio web site, the installation seemed to go fine.
However, after rebootting, "Transit USB" is not listed as a "preferred
device" in either Playback or Recording devices (under Control
Panel/Multimedia/Audio). The really weird thing is that "Tranist USB"
is listed twice under "Audio Devices" and "Mixer Devices", "Midi
Devices" and "Line Input Devices" when I click on the "Device" tab
under Control Panel/Multimedia. So, to summarize, the drivers seem to
be installed, but I can not select it as either a Playback or
Recording audio device. I'm running DirectX 9. The version of the
Transit USB driver is 5.10.00.359.

M-Audio customer support is a joke - they have not helped me at all.

Can anybody help? I'm stumped.

BTW...the Transit works fine under XP. But I'd really like to get this
working with my 98SE machine, too.

TIA,

Ray Boyce