David Cox

Default Thiele-Small parameters for Kef CR160F?

Does anyone have these please? It is a full range drive unit with a
central cone tweeter which was made about ten years ago, I think.

Dave
David Cox

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:34:13 +0100, François Yves Le Gal
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:26:51 +0000, David Cox
wrote:

Does anyone have these please?

No trace in my databases. Maybe you're looking for the CI160F, from the
"Installers Series"?

Francois

No definitely it is CR160F. It is clearly marked. Also there is
another KEF part number: SP1298 above that.

It appeared around the time of the first UniQ drive units. Possibly
it has the same parameters as the earliest CR160Q; perhaps this was a
batch that was produced before the UniQ technology was ready.

If I remember correctly the 'tweeter' is what is called a whizzer
cone? High frequencies are very directional. It does not compare at
all well to the UniQ drive units. (Sorry, It is a long time since I
was last building speakers)

With a fixed-font you may be able to see what I mean from this.

\ /
\ /
\ \ / /

David