Tom Wible

Default Revox b225 problems

I am having difficulty with my beloved Revox b225 CD player. When
cold, the drawer comes out and grinds. The motor is not shutting off.
When I power down and repower up, when I go to close the drawer, it
does the same thing, grinds away. I have disassembled and cleaned all
of the connectors in the unit, and looked things over. When I place
the player in a warmer room, the drawer works fine. If I put it in the
car (I live in NH) and bring it somewhere to work on it, when it is
still cold, it has the problem. After the unit warms up to room
temperature, it's OK. The problem is at home in the winter, my place
is about 65 degrees, and in that temperature I have the problem.

Is the problem in the drive board, or the logic board? Can I get
replacement boards, or does anyone know which component it might be?

Thanks!

Tom

Revox Agora B. Tri-amped Speakers. Any opinions? RLS Audio Opinions 3 July 7th 04 12:36 PM
dvd technical problems Mark A Tech 1 September 6th 03 04:54 AM
Anyone Else Just Get An 828mkII? Having Problems? bushgeeza Pro Audio 3 July 28th 03 06:27 AM
help! need Tandberg or Revox power cord CRD General 0 July 3rd 03 02:45 PM