Rich Andrews

Default filtering and SACD/CD

It appears that truly excellent CD players are available and thus the quality
of CD sound is now very close to that of fine analog. Now that we have SACD
and other high sample rate formats, do the high sample rates make the job of
filtering easier for the designer? I suppose I was wondering if a cheap
SACD player would be better sounding than a high end CD player assuming that
the SACD player was playing a SACD. I know what an inexpensive CD player
sounds like and it certainly sounds "harsh" compared to a high end player. I
don't want to waste time and energy buying a SACD player that sounds like an
inexpensive CD player.