ArchiCarl

Default Multiple wireless headphones

I use a set of wireless headphones in a studio environment with open
workspaces. A few people have since considered buying wireless
headphones to use while at studio as well and we're concerned about
how these multiple wireless units may interfere with each other. Does
anyone have any experience with multiple units working in the same
space? I'm guessing that, like most transmitting tech., these
manufacturers would set each unit to a different range of frequency
and then allow the receiver to tune to which ever transmitter you want
to tune into.

Thanks for your time and help.

Carl Gibson -
Richard Crowley

"ArchiCarl" wrote ...
I use a set of wireless headphones in a studio environment with open
workspaces. A few people have since considered buying wireless
headphones to use while at studio as well and we're concerned about
how these multiple wireless units may interfere with each other.

Likely even a worse problem than wireless microphones.
Because the headphones (particularly the cheaper ones) don't
do very well at documenting exactly what frequency they are
operating on.

Does
anyone have any experience with multiple units working in the same
space? I'm guessing that, like most transmitting tech., these
manufacturers would set each unit to a different range of frequency
and then allow the receiver to tune to which ever transmitter you want
to tune into.

That is the way the Advent AW770 headphones work. Both the
transmitter and the receiver (headset) are tunable. It would apper that
you could get upwards of 8-10(?) different "channels" across the
available tuning range. The Advents were recommended by a
studio owner either here or in rec.audio.pro. I bought a pair on
his advice (~$75 at Amazon) and am very pleased with them.
IMHO they are excellent for the price. Rechargable battery and
everything.

Roger Spencelayh

In article , ArchiCarl
wrote:
I'm guessing that, like most transmitting tech., these
manufacturers would set each unit to a different range of frequency
and then allow the receiver to tune to which ever transmitter you want
to tune into.

I have a set of Panasonic 'phones. Don't recall the model. The
transmitter has a 3-position switch to select one of 3 frequencies for
transmission. The 'phones have an adjustable tuning control to sweep the
frequency ranges the transmitter uses.

Seems a good system to me, as if you have three sets, you could use one
pair of phones to listen to all three sources as you choose.

--
Roger