chuck

Default TEAC 6010 SL deck question

I just "rescued" an old TEAC 6010 SL reel-to-reel tape
deck to transfer some old reels to CD-ROMs.

So far things are working great, EXCEPT ...
I need to "wedge" the play button down to keep
the deck playing. It will not stay down by itself.

Any clues? Could this be a relay that needs cleaning?
Or maybe a switch that needs cleaning? I've got so little
invested in this deck, and such limited use for it,
I'd rather not pay big bucks for an audio tech to look
at it (cause otherwise it works great!) but I am willing
to take a look myself. Suggestions??

thanks,

chuck

Tim Schwartz

Hello,

I owned one of these 20 years ago. (A6010-GSL?) As I recall there is a
remote control jack (large, round connector?) on the rear that must have
the dummy plug in it if the remote is not connected for the machine to
work properly. It would probably be possible to make the right
connections if the plug is missing, but I don't have any info on which
pins would need to be jumped.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

chuck wrote:

I just "rescued" an old TEAC 6010 SL reel-to-reel tape
deck to transfer some old reels to CD-ROMs.

So far things are working great, EXCEPT ...
I need to "wedge" the play button down to keep
the deck playing. It will not stay down by itself.

Any clues? Could this be a relay that needs cleaning?
Or maybe a switch that needs cleaning? I've got so little
invested in this deck, and such limited use for it,
I'd rather not pay big bucks for an audio tech to look
at it (cause otherwise it works great!) but I am willing
to take a look myself. Suggestions??

thanks,

chuck

chuck

Thanks for the note, Tim. All the plugs and jumpers seem
to be in place, and the machine works great most of the time.
It almost seems like certain tapes cause the problem, while
others do not. All in all, it's working better the more I use it.

chuck

chuck wrote:

I just "rescued" an old TEAC 6010 SL reel-to-reel tape
deck to transfer some old reels to CD-ROMs.

So far things are working great, EXCEPT ...
I need to "wedge" the play button down to keep
the deck playing. It will not stay down by itself.

Any clues? Could this be a relay that needs cleaning?
Or maybe a switch that needs cleaning? I've got so little
invested in this deck, and such limited use for it,
I'd rather not pay big bucks for an audio tech to look
at it (cause otherwise it works great!) but I am willing
to take a look myself. Suggestions??

thanks,

chuck

Al Cirino

If you ever need motors for your Teac, let me know. I have 2 motors, one is a
24 volt and the other I believe is a smaller 12 volt capstan motor. They are
very heavy, and heavy duty. Both are Teac brand. I also have the weight that
is attached to the capstan, for lower wow and flutter.