Keith

Default Kenwood KDC-716S headunit problems

The illumination on the faceplate for my Kenwood KDC-716S headunit just
stopped working the other day. The unit is completely functional (radio
presets, CD, etc.) except nothing lights up and obviously I can't tell
what radio station or CD track is playing.

This unit has a removable/motorized Dmask faceplate. I rarely remove the
faceplate.

I heard of a flex circuit that that connects the chassis
with the rotating faceplate, Is it a hard fix and where can I fine it?

Thanks,
Keith

Bruce Chang

"Keith" wrote in message
The illumination on the faceplate for my Kenwood KDC-716S headunit just
stopped working the other day. The unit is completely functional (radio
presets, CD, etc.) except nothing lights up and obviously I can't tell
what radio station or CD track is playing.

This unit has a removable/motorized Dmask faceplate. I rarely remove the
faceplate.

I heard of a flex circuit that that connects the chassis
with the rotating faceplate, Is it a hard fix and where can I fine it?

Thanks,
Keith

It's not hard to fix if you have basic mechanical skills and a good
soldering iron. If you don't have one or the other, you will have a hard
time fixing it. If you're interested, I've been fixing Kenwood D-mask flip
faced stereos for a while now and can fix yours for $50. Let me know if
you're interested.

-Bruce