dmunich

Default connect PC to TV - sound?

I want to connect my PC to my TV so I can use it to play DVDs. I have
s-video out on the PC, but for audio all there is is the headphone jack. I
got an adapter cable for headphone to 2 rca jacks but when I hook this up to
the AV in on the TV there is barely any sound coming out of the TV. In the
past I have hooked up a headphone out (from a portable cd player) to my
stereo and that worked fine. I thought the rca av inputs on the TV would be
the same?

Do I need something between the PC headphone jack and the AV in on the
TV?

Doug

CJT

dmunich wrote:
I want to connect my PC to my TV so I can use it to play DVDs. I have
s-video out on the PC, but for audio all there is is the headphone jack. I
got an adapter cable for headphone to 2 rca jacks but when I hook this up to
the AV in on the TV there is barely any sound coming out of the TV. In the
past I have hooked up a headphone out (from a portable cd player) to my
stereo and that worked fine. I thought the rca av inputs on the TV would be
the same?

Do I need something between the PC headphone jack and the AV in on the
TV?

Doug

turn up the volume control on the PC

--
After being targeted with gigabytes of trash by the "SWEN" worm, I have
concluded we must conceal our e-mail address. Our true address is the

dmunich

I tried that, the sound goes up and down but at max volume it is barely
audible in the TV. If I put headphones into the laptop the volume is
normal, so it seems to be some difference between a set of headphones and
the RCA inputs on the TV?

Doug

"CJT" wrote in message
dmunich wrote:
[...]

Tim Padrick

If you are sure the TV's inputs are ok, and the headphone out is ok, my
guesses a

1) The headphone jack level is unusually low (headphones don't require much
voltage to play loudly).

2) When you connecting the PC to the TV, the PCs audio ground gets connected
to AC ground, and the PC's circuit design is such that it has to float. Try
an isolation transformer between the TV and PC, such as
http://www.oktava.com/humelim.html

The best solution might be to get a USB audio-to-analog audio converter than
has analog ins and outs.

u...

Sound vs. Audio Bob Smoot Pro Audio 3 March 8th 04 11:13 PM
Sound card for an audiophile? Faisal Bhua Pro Audio 44 March 3rd 04 06:13 PM
Sound, and Sound Ideas CDs TEL Pro Audio 2 December 9th 03 02:31 AM
Sound, Music, Balance Robert Trosper High End Audio 1 November 21st 03 04:09 AM
hum..buzz sound !!! help!! it's annoying~ Ricky W. Hunt Pro Audio 2 September 7th 03 02:40 PM