Derek Simmons

Default Audio Problems with Pioneer Elite VSX-29TX (VSX-27TX)

I'm having an intermittent audio problem with my Pioneer Elite
VSX-29TX. The VSX-29TX is similar to VSX-27TX (the difference is rose
wood panels and a copper chasis). My problem is more often then not
the audio won't come on. If I leave the unit on for a while the audio
will eventually come up. If I change the audio settings, from standard
to THX or vice versa it will also cause the problem to occure.

It almost seems like it is a bad capcitor. Does anybody have an
explanation as to what is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Derek Simmons
Mark D. Zacharias

Pioneer knows but sometimes the CS rep plays dumb. Keep after them.

Pioneer Customer service:
800-421-1404

Mark Z.

"Ralph Farr" wrote in message
says...
I'm having an intermittent audio problem with my Pioneer Elite
VSX-29TX. The VSX-29TX is similar to VSX-27TX (the difference is rose
wood panels and a copper chasis). My problem is more often then not
the audio won't come on. If I leave the unit on for a while the audio
will eventually come up. If I change the audio settings, from standard
to THX or vice versa it will also cause the problem to occure.

It almost seems like it is a bad capcitor. Does anybody have an
explanation as to what is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Derek Simmons

Hi Derek,
The likely problem with the Pioneer receiver is poor solder connections
on a couple of large surface mount integrated circuit chips on the DSP
processor board. After a couple of years of heating up/cooling down
cycles the large IC chips have some legs that lose connection to the PC
board foil traces. To repair this requires removing the DSP board from
the receiver and re-soldering any suspect connections. The connections
that require soldering are very small,close together, and easy to form
solder bridges. Unless you are familiar with soldering surface mount
devices you might want to have a service shop look at it - I think
Pioneer knows about this problem and might even pay part/all of the
repairs. Hope this helps you some with your problem.

Derek Simmons

Hi Derek,
The likely problem with the Pioneer receiver is poor solder connections
on a couple of large surface mount integrated circuit chips on the DSP
processor board. After a couple of years of heating up/cooling down
cycles the large IC chips have some legs that lose connection to the PC
board foil traces. To repair this requires removing the DSP board from
the receiver and re-soldering any suspect connections. The connections
that require soldering are very small,close together, and easy to form
solder bridges. Unless you are familiar with soldering surface mount
devices you might want to have a service shop look at it - I think
Pioneer knows about this problem and might even pay part/all of the
repairs. Hope this helps you some with your problem.

Does anyone have experience making this repair?

If I have the top of the unit removed and I'm facing the front, is the
DSP board the board, the board on the right, in the sheilded
enclosure?

Is it more likely to be one of the parts then others?

Thanks,
Derek Simmons

Derek Simmons

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message ...
Pioneer knows but sometimes the CS rep plays dumb. Keep after them.

Pioneer Customer service:
800-421-1404

Mark Z.

"Ralph Farr" wrote in message
says...
[...]

How much dose this reapir normally cost or are they going to try to
swap out the DSP board and charge me for a new one?

Thanks,
Derek Simmons

Mark D. Zacharias

The DSP boards are no longer available. They went through all of them for
this problem.

Mark Z.

"Derek Simmons" wrote in message
om...
"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message

Pioneer knows but sometimes the CS rep plays dumb. Keep after them.

Pioneer Customer service:
800-421-1404

Mark Z.

"Ralph Farr" wrote in message
says...
[...]

audio problems with windows xp pro Cadberry General 2 February 21st 04 05:21 AM
Crazy market saturation! CatalystX Car Audio 48 February 12th 04 09:18 AM
FAQ: RAM LISTING OF SCAMMERS, SLAMMERS, AND N'EER DO WELLS! V. 8.1 OFFICIAL RAM BLUEBOOK VALUATION Audio Opinions 0 November 1st 03 08:14 AM
Audio Problems 3D X-truder Car Audio 4 September 16th 03 02:03 AM
System balance for LP? MiNE 109 Audio Opinions 41 August 10th 03 07:00 PM