Barry Mann

Default High End Hyperbole

In , on 08/01/03
at 02:45 AM, "Trevor Wilson" said:

A great deal of comment is made about the hyperbole surrounding the
advertising copy for many high end audio products. Some of this
hyperbole makes some sense. Much does not. Much deserves to be
criticised accordingly. However, we rarely see comments about mass
market products. I thought you'd enjoy these words I found in the
Marantz SR18 receiver service manual:

---
DTS
An amazing new technology for surround-sound entertainment, DTS
Digital Surround is an encode/decode system that delivers six channels
(5.1) of master-quality, 20-bit audio. ........SNIP
.......Each of these six channels is audibly superior to the linear
PCM audio found on conventional compact discs.
---

Hmmm.

A (long) while back a reviewer described an amplifier as having an
"orange peal" sound.

SPAM:
wordgame:123(abc):14 9 20 5 2 9 18 4 at 22 15 9 3 5 14 5 20 dot 3 15
13 (Barry Mann)
[sorry about the puzzle, SPAMers are ruining my mailbox]