Thomas

Default New guy looking for some guidance in a speaker building project

Buy from Walter from Audiogon.com. Look for "Triangle Polaris 108" floor
speakers. Excellent speaker in your price range. Better than you building
your own!

Tom

"Andrew Mason" wrote in message
m...
Hello,
I have some experience with DIY audio electronics, but have never done
any speaker design.
My mom wants me to build her a new set of floor speakers for her home
stereo system in her living room, spending from 400-600. She has an
old set of Boston Acoustics a-120s that I'm considering just putting
new cones in, but I wouldn't know what to buy... otherwise I would
like to build something from scratch.
I don't really want to design the speakers, I would rather follow a
tutorial that already picks out the wood, the cones, the crossover
circuitry, etc, you just buy the parts and put it together. I have
seen articles like this in Audio xPress, but none for just a simple,
high quality and affordable speaker design. Can anyone make a
recommendation? there has to be stuff out there..
thanks,
andrew